Twin Turbo V6 1993 Alltrac Project

fhalperformance

Yeah the 205 rears are just not popping up like they did before. I was lucky to find this one after looking for a while.

Going saturday to pickup the new 92 gota get the trailer ready for it test out my winch. It came missing a ramp so I just built a new one, I got a ball mount that has a receiver for the winch to bolt into coming next couple days, run some wires for the winch for power thats plug n play, gota get some brakes in my diesel, and some other stuff I cant remember.

MWP

What exactly are the differences between the 185 and 205 subframes?
Someone told me that the drive shafts on the 185 and 205 are the same length... but that doesn't make much sense to me since the track width is different.

flyingdutchman

MWP":ygizytzx said:
What exactly are the differences between the 185 and 205 subframes?
Someone told me that the drive shafts on the 185 and 205 are the same length... but that doesn't make much sense to me since the track width is different.
Subframe is identical iirc, but the suspension arms and axles are different. Maybe hubs too?

fhalperformance

Axles, and both subframe to hub arms are longer. If used with st185 rear struts it gives you more camber. Hubs have a slightly different center bore (larger by 1mm?) but thats about it. The rest is the same as far as I know.

MWP

fhalperformance":dqhl9u6y said:
Axles, and both subframe to hub arms are longer. If used with st185 rear struts it gives you more camber. Hubs have a slightly different center bore (larger by 1mm?) but thats about it. The rest is the same as far as I know.

Thanks guys. Yeah, thats what i thought.
The guy i was talking to must have been on drugs :lol:

fhalperformance

Quick update Dont have alot of time had some issues with the truck and trailer tonight so just throwing this up before I crash. 92 trac coming home tomorrow!

-some fuel tank parts are still available. bought everything i could multiple sets of gaskets & hardware to put away with my other new alltrac parts for the future.

-built a ramp so my car trailer can actually be used to load cars on lol.

-some parts sitting around collecting dust.

fhalperformance

I write Pepsi off as tools on my taxes every year. Works great at defrosting ice covered bolts mid winter when you're working outside thus a tool.

WarTowels

fhalperformance":3obe0h5c said:
I write Pepsi off as tools on my taxes every year. Works great at defrosting ice covered bolts mid winter when you're working outside thus a tool.

LOL!

fhalperformance

Plus it makes bolts sticky giving you a better grip on them when you can't feel your hands anymore.

Picked up my new 92 st185 today still 5 hours from home just excited :)

fhalperformance

Picked up this 1992 clean title st185 that was in alot better shape then I thought it was. It has one subframe mount partially rotted off which I have a replacement im picking up in the next couple of days in trade. To my surprise the owner offered me all of the parts remaining as well so I have alot more parts to put it back together with then I had originally thought id have. Kind of slowed progress on the turbo build being on the road for 17 hours today including loading time.

The good news for the TT build: a second fab car lol. The 90 still has the bottom end and transmission installed making steering rack conversion hard to progress on. This one is already stripped with lots of room to work so I am hoping to get started on that soon.

-ready to go out

-out of the garage for the first time in years

-former owner having some fun trying to load the car on the trailer

-halfway on

-on the trailer strapped down

fhalperformance

Surprise/Spoiler alert:
-front LSD prototype may be finalized & installed in the next couple of weeks
-talking with an injection molding company about making RC bumpers
-gear ratio/lower final drive conversion in brainstorming process

fhalperformance

Waiting for my second parts transmission to get here so I can finish my transmission modifications. The LSD I was originally looking at running I need to compare to the alltrac diff so I have to get the case apart. Now if I could only find my gear puller for 5th gear... driving me nuts not being able to find it.

I am pulling the v6 out of my mr2 this weekend and swapping in a 3sgte so I can use the custom flywheel and the stage 5 clutch masters clutch in the mean time. I have to wait on the custom clutch till I have these parts pulled in order to take measurements to get it made.

Installed the unorthodox lightweight crank pulley to save 9.5lbs dont know if I updated that yet. Been trying to get the 92 alltrac rolling so I can have my trailer back for my next couple of parts cars I have lined up. I have to get my truck finished and the 92 rolling so I can get back onto this project. Hoping to have her running in a couple months in shake down form.

fhalperformance

I bought a special puller designed specifically for the job I just... cant... find it lol its sitting new in a box somewhere and god only knows where. I got one last place to look tonight hopefully its locked up with my seldom used tools in the back of my garage lol. I gota pull 3 so I hope its up to the task.

fhalperformance

Started stripping the part transmissions down so I can finish the one for the v6 project. Finally found my special transmission puller so I can get 5th gear off.

fhalperformance

Ive been putting in 15 hour days between work and all the projects so I havent had alot of time to update anything. Still working on the transmission for the V6 build and the LSD option took a bad turn so I have to figure some stuff out for that later. Got both my trucks apart, have a month to finish my trailer and the 93 for Watkins Glen, havent been able to use my trailer till I got the 92 back together enough for it to roll, stripping a RHD car for the conversion on the 92, and trying to buy property to house all my projects, tools and car parts.

Memorial day weekend plans:
-going to try pulling quarter panels to fit 275/35R18 without having to cut them
-finish fixing air bag light on the BMW as I have someone who wants to buy it
-Install lightweight racing seat
-Remove heater core boxes
-Remove front bumper and fenders so I can start building the new fenders & install the fiberglass RC bumper I picked up a month ago
-shave winder motor hole on non spoiler hatch so it can go on this car. gonna loose some weight off it by cutting.

Still waiting on project Mu custom MC-800 brake pads for the new rotors. Once I get the wheels and the new brakes in it will be time to install the adjustable proportioning valve. With the new tires Im not sure I need such agressive brake pads for the trac but I am hoping between these modifications I can get more then 30 minutes of trac time out of front brake pads.

-put some hard miles on it today to make sure the clutch wasnt shipping. I had concerns it mightve been but I think it was just sticking from sitting for months.

fhalperformance

Made some progress with the transmission, the chassis modifications and the body work. Made some progress on the 92 rescue project as well that will be updated in its own thread. If I take apart my mk2 mr2 v6 swap this can be up and running very soon although I was thinking of daily driving the mk2 this summer. I got a couple days at watkins glen later this month to test out the suspension and brake modifications since I wont have the drivetrain done in time to properly work out the bugs. Here's some pictures to hold you guys over for now.

-modifications under way brake and tire wise to put the power down. had to cut several inches out of the rear quarters and modify the wheel well.

-poke a little.

-some trimming left to do and find some flares.