HOYS' ST185 Res-Q

hoys

93celicaconv":3dc2uoi3 said:
hoys":3dc2uoi3 said:
Who knows how to reset the SEC (urity?) error on the radio?

Do you have this issue resolved yet? If not, I can help you.

I was able to get it working. I think the owners manual instructions for the radio I have is actually wrong.

hoys":13s7rjju said:
I was able to get it working. I think the owners manual instructions for the radio I have is actually wrong.

Glad you got it working. Hope the system is working well for you. The door woofers, if original, likely have the foam suspension for the cones broken away (typical for those woofers). There is a place I sent these door woofers to in order to get new foam suspension put back on. When you get to this stage, if you find you need/want to do that, let me know, I can provide you the source I found that did (4) pairs of those speakers for me and did a very nice job on them all.

mx6er2587

93celicaconv":jfds3ets said:
hoys":jfds3ets said:

Glad you got it working. Hope the system is working well for you. The door woofers, if original, likely have the foam suspension for the cones broken away (typical for those woofers). There is a place I sent these door woofers to in order to get new foam suspension put back on. When you get to this stage, if you find you need/want to do that, let me know, I can provide you the source I found that did (4) pairs of those speakers for me and did a very nice job on them all.

I recently reformed the woofers myself. It's pretty simple. I have pictures in my build thread.

hoys

Updates:

New tires in October. I've put 3,000 miles on since I've gotten the car. No real issues and has been great.

Changed the Cap, rotor, plugs, and wires today. A little bit more on the butt dyno.

Car needs new struts or something as there is a little clunk in the rear and the car feels a little bit floaty. That will be my next adventure.

Looking into some little projects for a boost controller, boost gauge, and AFR.

hoys

msanders2":1hdhbnpj said:
Innovate SCG-1 has all 3 in one package.

Hmm. I haven't seen that one before but the software capabilities seem pretty limited for an AiO solution. No CAN bus, no programmable points, no vs RPM correction. I know I'm getting picky but I think I'd rather have an AEM failsafe and a MBC at that point.

I'm looking into integrating a headless system into the stock clock for boost/AFR readings. I don't like gauges very much and there aren't many good ways to put some in this chassis anyway.

underscore

I've got the Innovate, I haven't played with it much and for people who just want to plug in a number and get that boost level out of it it's not ideal, but I like having it able to pull boost based on AFR. To me that seemed much safer than having a wideband that doesn't really do anything.

hoys

Update!

eFSrbGV.png

Picked up an OE CS/RC hood and bumper.

Car will be getting a ST246 swap with FMIC. Hood should help the cooling situation.

hoys":1hmvuwtt said:
Update!

eFSrbGV.png

Picked up an OE CS/RC hood and bumper.

Car will be getting a ST246 swap with FMIC. Hood should help the cooling situation.
The CS/RC hood is designed to remove heat from the engine compartment. Did you change the intercooler from air:air to water:air? If not, how are you cooling your turbocharged air charge to the throttle body?

crackerjack

Good barn find.
The clunking in the rear is probably the rear diff mount. Toyota wants lots of money for it but you can
get poly or OEM style diff mount from ebay and I have good luck with those.

Also, a note on timing belt for the Celica. removing the engine mount help tremendously and the website twosrus.com have studs you can buy for the tensioner and you can cut 2.5 hrs for timing belt change to maybe 1 hour.

when It comes to shocks, I lucked out with a full set of Koni yellow and HR springs at the local autowrecker 3 days after I found my Celica but alternative to that, I would say coilovers as shocks for the alltrac is non-existant anywhere as most shocks are for the FWD model.

cheers.

Magroo

I've said it in other threads, but if you opt for BC coilover, get the swift spring upgrade. Its a night and day difference to the stock coil over springs.

And yes, the rear struts are almost non existent. I do remember a thread where somewhere in Europe they sell kyb? Rear struts for our cars. I dont remember exact details though.

crackerjack

I had the Excel-G for the front and the car was very bouncy. probably it was made for GTS where
it is not as heavy as the all trac?

I bought the KYB Excel-G before I got a hold of the Koni. so decided to try the KYB first.