Paris Dakar 2011

Hic

Hi guys

I don't know if this is the proper section for this, but I will write a few words here, so admins are welcome to remove this or do whatever they think is proper.

I prepared Mitsubishi Pajero for this year's Paris-Dakar, which is held in Argentina and Chile.

Last year we raced with toyota hilux D4D, but in T1 class (stock cars). We were forced to retire after stage 3 after a broken suspension.

A few pics of the car can be found here: http://www.dakar-team.com/photo.php

And also, from the preparation stage, here: http://www.thperformance.com/project...shi-rally-raid

But the main thing is that on the first stage we started as 112, and after first stage, we are 31st!!!!

We were even on 28th place, but we entered the big and heavy rain and lost 3-4mins and 3 positions.

Car works perfectly :D

Hic

Yesterday we towed Robby Gordon after his problem with the Hummer.

We towed him 320km to bivac, and our speed was between 120-140kmh

See us on eurosport! We were filmed from the helicopter all the time and had to stop for 90mins because transmisson on the hummer blocked so Robby had to disconnect the propshaft.

We were heroes, as Robby is popular as Maradona in Argetina

I placed this here because of our effort, time money and will that we put in this project.

Hic

We were 31st, then had 2 slideings where we digged our hearts out, fell to 94th place, pushed the pedal and ended as 43rd!

I can't imagine what would happened if we didn't slide

Today we have a downhill special of 207km, this is where my pilot shines, he never breaks!!!!!

So, the engine power won't be an issue as yesterday on uphill!!!!!

Mitsu works perfectly, Vipec V88 rules! And the consumption is so small, that the copilot decided to use 150L LESS GAS on that LOONG stage, they got to the finish with 80L in the tank still!!!

Mitsu is still undamaged! Thank you GOD and everybody else !

In overall we are 33rd, lost 1 place.

Hic

I absoutely love it! That is why I am a vipec dealer :)

I was more than confident that V88 can do the reliable control in that environment!

Sifu

So any discounts for a V44 for our Alltracs? :p

***EDIT***
How's the tune for this EMS? My last part to my build is an EMS but funds have dried up. I'm always interested in different tech for our small community. I've noticed you have a ChrisK engine as well? How's that been treating you? Sorry for being OT and fragmented, I'm hold my baby in one hand...

Hic

Guys

Unfortunately, after a heavy crash we are forced
To stop the race.
Thx for your time and kind words during the race!
We already ordered parts
For new proper car! It will be a prototype with ls7 engine and it will look like bmw x6 pickup

Hic

Guys

It looks like we will start after all!!!!

We are 62nd on a start list, yesterday 60 cars was off, so they let everybody who can start- TO START!!!

Yeeeehaaaaaaaaaa!

rio_cyber

Afaik not this year, 2013, the assembly of the car, starts in next few days, the driver will participate in argentinian rally raid championship in 2012 fully sponsored with diesel toyota LC AFAIK. Will chek the details if someone interested...