Benifits of homologation papers for a rally car build.

Other then cage and even that is hard to copy and is no longer adquate for some rule books what is everyone geting out of them? The works parts that were homologated are very expencive and hard to get. I built front suspesion pick up points brace that is on the floor under pedals. Nobody does that any more. I see several cars that use electric power steering pump. I have that. Nobody uses homologated ZF. Too costly. Nobody uses the superstrut design suspension. Hard to upgrade. With advent of MakTrak sequential transmission why would you even consider XTrac?

All I am saying is that in a build of a Celica rally car today very little information from FIA homologation papers is useful.

Insanity-74

As I understand it (and I could be wrong here) Homolgation rules kick in when a car wants to run in Group N or Group A categories of Rallying..homologation lasts for 10 years, once it is beyond the 10 years you can no longer run the car in Group N or Group A, it then falls into an Historic category so the old Homologation papers would be fine to build to.

For local rallies you would have to follow their rules, they should provide you with detailed requirements/standards that you need to build to.