[How to] Disconnect the T-VSV system

Onlycelica

hi meurz...
"However, without fitting a boostcontroller, the boost will be 50 instead of 70 kPa in all gears"

???

I did not understand this part...if i cut the t-vsv,the boost pressure remains 0.5 bar in all gear?

i have this problem in my celica...the turbo pressure never up 0.5 bar...it is possible that my mechanic has not connected the t-vsv :roll:

BriinumsBo

the TVSV gives you aoption to have higher boost in 3rd+ gears. when you disable TVS, you dont have it. so it will not be above 0.5bar without a boost controller. that is what you need if you want to raise boost pressure. do at your own risk of course. :)

BriinumsBo

It should be the same. If st205 has TVSV at all? It doesn`t have the TVIS, but that`s another story..

Block off the second line from the actuator to VSV under intake runners. (the first one goes to turbo).

Huaraches

Seems easy to do but what if you dont have the t-vis and turbo VSV's or the vacuum tanks. i got my 2nd gen jdm spec 3sgte a while back to do my swap. i noticed were the accurator goes is missing and blocked of with two screws. the harness also had the t-vis and turbo VSV's unpinned, im guessing due to no vsv's being present. so my question is how do i delete my T-VIS or has it been taken care of and all i would have to do is block of the hose from the wastegauge?