how to install autometer air/ fuel ratio gauge?

smog7

Well I know black goes to a ground and red goes to a 12v positive switch...but how would I go around connecting the purple o2 sensor wire? do I have to dig through the ecu to find the o2 sensor? which one is it?

Gary

From 93 wiring diagram, the "OX" wire is white.
You can access to this wire at the ECU, at the O2 sensor, or at the diagnostic port (easiest, if your wire coming out at the driver side).

AmanGT4

I have 2 ox terminals on my diagnostic box labelled ox1 and ox2 which one should I connect the signal wire to.

AvivB

OX1 is the O2 sensor on the down-pipe and OX2 is the O2 sensor after the catalytic-converter in CA spec only.

AmanGT4

AvivB":ullnwnfc said:
OX1 is the O2 sensor on the down-pipe and OX2 is the O2 sensor after the catalytic-converter in CA spec only.

Thanks, is the OX1 sensor the first one (1) and OX2 the second one (2) that I labeled in attached pic? Excuse my unfamiliarity I am a newbie.
So should I connect the signal wire to the OX1 in the diagnostic box or to OX2 or does it not matter.

Attachments

• Ox sensors.JPG
    Ox sensors.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 14

AvivB

What you've marked as "2" in the first O2 sensor...
What you've marked as "1" looks to me like an after-market EGT sensor and not O2 sensor...

Anyhow, OX1 signal in the diag. box is connected to O2 sensor you've marked as "2" and it is the right one to connect the AFR to.

ps. If your car is with CA spec. you should find another O2 sensor at the bottom of the down-pipe.

AmanGT4

Thanks Aviv,

I do have another sensor at the bottom of the down-pipe so that is the OX2 sensor then.

I can finally connect my AFR to OX1 now. Thanks again.

MWP

I hope you are not going to be using this gauge for anything other than basic monitoring.
They are useless for tuning.

AmanGT4

Yeah, I know its only good for a light show but was the given the gauge got it when I bought the car thought I might just hook it up. Thanks