Replacing injectors without removing the intake manifold???

AvivB

Is it possible to replace the injectors without removing the intake manifold (which is impossible without taking the engine out) on RC engine?
If someone did it, I'll be happy to a short how-to...

Thanks,

deecee

should be able to.
fuel rail sits on top of the lower manifold, unbolt, unscrew, remove pipes, take rail off. Then pop injectors out, pop injectors back in and reverse of removal.

AvivB

The question is if there is access to the bolts and/or enough room to pull the rail back...
I'll wait some more, maybe someone try that and can confirm...

Thanks,

Celicatuner92

i can confirm it i have done it multiple times. if you have the bgb it explains it step by step. basic explination is remove intercooler then remove throttlebody and set off to the side. disconect fuel lines and cold start line from fuel rail. now remove the two 10mm bolts that hold harness to intake manifold. next loosen the three bolts that hold fuel rail to head and next the tuff part is wiggling the rail out from between the head and harness without looseing the seals on the end of the rail. install is the exact reverse of the way it came out. my suggestion is to give yourself plenty of time because it can be fusterating.

ct27gt

nope, don't got to take the mani off. But wiggling out can sometimes be a huge PITA! So gotta be patient. Getting all the bolts removed is pretty simple.

AvivB

Did it... was easier that I thought.
Need to remove IC, TB + holder, fuel pipes and release the harness brackets.