Cluster help

Write ups and tutorials for maintenance and modifications.

Cluster help

Postby celigts » Wed May 23, 2012 10:09 pm

So the stock boost gauge is plugged, currently my temp gauge stopped working, my speedo isn't working so all I have is my rpm and fuel gauge working.

I saw awhile back someone who did a full out custom gauge setup with cf surrounding. Anyone ever do individual gauges to replace the stock cluster?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
91 Celica Alltrac - Parts pile pending instal :P
3SGTE project motor very slow
Intake/Heat shield project slowly moving
Winnipegs respected TTI forum. join and love the community will welcome you with open arms and legs ? http://toptierimports.com/
celigts
Established Member

Re: Cluster help

Postby magnum » Thu May 24, 2012 3:18 am

That gets expensive fast. I'd go with a Aim dash or racepack dash. You can read more engine parameters for less than individual gauges but it's still expensive.
magnum
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Re: Cluster help

Postby aus jd 2703 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:43 am

Get a gts cluster it should work you just loose the useless boost gauge.
But as stated before a dash is better stack do a good one. As for race pack etc. sensors get expensive. Oil presssure sensors run around the. $100 mark. Best to use a dash with a ecu as you can use the sensors. Ie low oil pressure kills the motor or high water temp trims the fuel table
aus jd 2703
Established Member

Cluster help

Postby celigts » Thu May 24, 2012 4:05 am

aus jd 2703 wrote:Get a gts cluster it should work you just loose the useless boost gauge.
But as stated before a dash is better stack do a good one. As for race pack etc. sensors get expensive. Oil presssure sensors run around the. $100 mark. Best to use a dash with a ecu as you can use the sensors. Ie low oil pressure kills the motor or high water temp trims the fuel table

That's useful info! After the wideban I'll be getting those gauges haha. Would really like to have the individual gauges tho even if it ends up costing as much as a race pack.
91 Celica Alltrac - Parts pile pending instal :P
3SGTE project motor very slow
Intake/Heat shield project slowly moving
Winnipegs respected TTI forum. join and love the community will welcome you with open arms and legs ? http://toptierimports.com/
celigts
Established Member

Return to How To