Need Wiring Help Please! I've searched for hours to find 0!

Write ups and tutorials for maintenance and modifications.

Need Wiring Help Please! I've searched for hours to find 0!

Postby clevrname » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently doing a ST205 WRC swap into my 185. I've got the motor all mounted up and the car is at a very good wiring shop where I live. I've given the guy all the info as far as how everyone says it's easiest to just use the 185 harness and make it work for the 205 motor. However, my 185 harness is pretty shot so he wants to use the 205 harness. He said especially with the WTA intercooler, Anti Lag, and Water injection, he is just more comfortable making sure everything works with the 205 harness. Issue is I'm having trouble finding a body harness to the 185 and 205 WRC. Any help is greatly appreciated. I work for a Toyota dealer and I can't even find anything in our parts system.


Thank you!!
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
clevrname
Club Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: Need Wiring Help Please! I've searched for hours to find

Postby quieter » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:56 pm

hi there! same here man, got a st205 engine and apparently my harness has been used twice for swaps lol. my mechanic wants to use the st205 harness aswell and attach it to the body. theres 3 fuse boxes. one next to the battery and turbo, one next to the pedals and another one behind the glovebox. i tried finding diagrams with color codes and they are really scarce. if someone here has the knowledge on where to find them i would appreciate it as well.
1990 toyota ST185 with st205 goodies (scrapped)
2011 BMW 535xi M pack (daily)

-Simon
User avatar
quieter
Club Member
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Need Wiring Help Please! I've searched for hours to find

Postby killemalltrac » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:26 pm

I am finishing up the 205 into 165 swap and have some good diagrams. I just sold the harness to another member but I have the body harness still and the dash with harness. PM me if you want me to send you the diagrams I have.
Image
#80sMurderCar
My build -- http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=47568
Parts for sale -- http://www.80smurdercar.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
User avatar
killemalltrac
Club Member
 
Posts: 321
Images: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Need Wiring Help Please! I've searched for hours to find

Postby GT4times2 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:58 am

Why don't you just rebuild the harness? If not, check out MR220V on the MR2 forum. He rebuilds harnesses, and performs plenty of harness conversions. So does Dr. Tweak, but Tweak costs more. Shop around, and ask them questions. I'm going the route of MR220V for my ST205 conversion.
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE (The Daily Pacifier)
05 Toyota Avalon XLS
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member
 
Posts: 2138
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Need Wiring Help Please! I've searched for hours to find

Postby clevrname » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:11 pm

GT4times2 wrote:Why don't you just rebuild the harness? If not, check out MR220V on the MR2 forum. He rebuilds harnesses, and performs plenty of harness conversions. So does Dr. Tweak, but Tweak costs more. Shop around, and ask them questions. I'm going the route of MR220V for my ST205 conversion.



Thanks for the help. I talked with Tweaked performance about doing it, but they wanted 850 bucks and would only use the 185 harness and make it compatiable to the 205 motor. My guy was able to find what he needed and actually finished extending the wiring harness yesterday.
clevrname
Club Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: Need Wiring Help Please! I've searched for hours to find

Postby GT4times2 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:32 pm

clevrname wrote:
GT4times2 wrote:Why don't you just rebuild the harness? If not, check out MR220V on the MR2 forum. He rebuilds harnesses, and performs plenty of harness conversions. So does Dr. Tweak, but Tweak costs more. Shop around, and ask them questions. I'm going the route of MR220V for my ST205 conversion.



Thanks for the help. I talked with Tweaked performance about doing it, but they wanted 850 bucks and would only use the 185 harness and make it compatiable to the 205 motor. My guy was able to find what he needed and actually finished extending the wiring harness yesterday.


Tweaked Performance is ridiculous with their prices. MR220v charges almost half that amount. Glad your guy figured it out.
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE (The Daily Pacifier)
05 Toyota Avalon XLS
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member
 
Posts: 2138
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Need Wiring Help Please! I've searched for hours to find

Postby yota 3.0 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:51 pm

clevrname wrote:He said especially with the WTA intercooler, Anti Lag, and Water injection, he is just more comfortable making sure everything works with the 205 harness.


There are a few write ups on how to bypass the WTA stuff, or you can just a get a gen3 MR2 ecu (didn't have WTA)

The anti lag and water injection are dormant, they are only there for show. you can get them working but it takes some modding.

glad to hear you figured it all out though

Cheers
~James
yota 3.0
Club Member
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: Need Wiring Help Please! I've searched for hours to find

Postby killemalltrac » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:33 pm

I paid that price for tweak'd to do mine. They build them from scratch and offer a lifetime guarantee. I'll see how I feel about it once it gets here but I just didn't want to skimp on something so important..
Image
#80sMurderCar
My build -- http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=47568
Parts for sale -- http://www.80smurdercar.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
User avatar
killemalltrac
Club Member
 
Posts: 321
Images: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: Oregon


Return to How To

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests