Need Wiring Help Please! I've searched for hours to find 0!

clevrname

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently doing a ST205 WRC swap into my 185. I've got the motor all mounted up and the car is at a very good wiring shop where I live. I've given the guy all the info as far as how everyone says it's easiest to just use the 185 harness and make it work for the 205 motor. However, my 185 harness is pretty shot so he wants to use the 205 harness. He said especially with the WTA intercooler, Anti Lag, and Water injection, he is just more comfortable making sure everything works with the 205 harness. Issue is I'm having trouble finding a body harness to the 185 and 205 WRC. Any help is greatly appreciated. I work for a Toyota dealer and I can't even find anything in our parts system.

Thank you!!

quieter

hi there! same here man, got a st205 engine and apparently my harness has been used twice for swaps lol. my mechanic wants to use the st205 harness aswell and attach it to the body. theres 3 fuse boxes. one next to the battery and turbo, one next to the pedals and another one behind the glovebox. i tried finding diagrams with color codes and they are really scarce. if someone here has the knowledge on where to find them i would appreciate it as well.

killemalltrac

I am finishing up the 205 into 165 swap and have some good diagrams. I just sold the harness to another member but I have the body harness still and the dash with harness. PM me if you want me to send you the diagrams I have.

GT4times2

Why don't you just rebuild the harness? If not, check out MR220V on the MR2 forum. He rebuilds harnesses, and performs plenty of harness conversions. So does Dr. Tweak, but Tweak costs more. Shop around, and ask them questions. I'm going the route of MR220V for my ST205 conversion.

clevrname

GT4times2":2ws793x4 said:
Why don't you just rebuild the harness? If not, check out MR220V on the MR2 forum. He rebuilds harnesses, and performs plenty of harness conversions. So does Dr. Tweak, but Tweak costs more. Shop around, and ask them questions. I'm going the route of MR220V for my ST205 conversion.

Thanks for the help. I talked with Tweaked performance about doing it, but they wanted 850 bucks and would only use the 185 harness and make it compatiable to the 205 motor. My guy was able to find what he needed and actually finished extending the wiring harness yesterday.

GT4times2

clevrname":p31x0eb4 said:
GT4times2":p31x0eb4 said:

Thanks for the help. I talked with Tweaked performance about doing it, but they wanted 850 bucks and would only use the 185 harness and make it compatiable to the 205 motor. My guy was able to find what he needed and actually finished extending the wiring harness yesterday.

Tweaked Performance is ridiculous with their prices. MR220v charges almost half that amount. Glad your guy figured it out.

yota 3.0

clevrname":2a158v2c said:
He said especially with the WTA intercooler, Anti Lag, and Water injection, he is just more comfortable making sure everything works with the 205 harness.

There are a few write ups on how to bypass the WTA stuff, or you can just a get a gen3 MR2 ecu (didn't have WTA)

The anti lag and water injection are dormant, they are only there for show. you can get them working but it takes some modding.

glad to hear you figured it all out though

Cheers
~James

killemalltrac

I paid that price for tweak'd to do mine. They build them from scratch and offer a lifetime guarantee. I'll see how I feel about it once it gets here but I just didn't want to skimp on something so important..