Factory Alarm Help! Need to disable.

fruci101

Hello,
Has anyone been able to disable the factory alarm system? If so, could I please get a detailed description on the how to? I would greatly appreciate since my factory alarm has been messing with me non-stop since I've purchased this car. It has a mind of its own at times and will go off, disabling the ignition if I don't un-disable with remote key.

fruci101

To add some additional information. I have recently put on an additional alarm/remote start/keyless entry added on top of the factory alarm system. The factory alarm seems to go off 10-15 seconds after I shut the car door, after going back into it for something without starting the engine.
For example, I park my car, get out, lock it, go back to it an hr or so later for something I have forgotten, shut the door, lock it, 10-15 seconds later factory alarm sounds.
I had this problem even before the aftermarket alarm system and keyless entry was installed so I highly doubt that is affecting anything.

There is a switch in front of the shifter for the factory alarm that will go right for valet, left for horn, and middle for nothing. I have always kept it in the middle.

~Alex

I had a similar issue recently when I put in my turbo timer and decided to try to remove the factory alarm at the same time. It went into starter lockout mode and I couldn''t start the car.

I ended up putting the factory alarm in valet mode by turning the key to ACC, then holding the factory alarm switch to the right for ~4 seconds until the light stayed on solid. I haven't had any issues with it since.

fruci101

jamiehill72, I just gave that a try and my light wouldn't turn on when holding the switch to valet mode. Tried it for up to 15+ seconds. This does sound like an easy way to fix that problem though, I'm just not sure why it wont go into valet mode like your's did.

underscore

I'm guessing you have to be sure the alarm is turned off first, if it let you go into valet mode with the alarm still turned on it wouldn't be much of an alarm.

fruci101

I messed around with it a little more and I can get the red light to start blinking but it wont give me a solid red to tell me it's in valet mode.