Speed Cut on 185RC

edv-tek

I have some loose wires on a JDM 185RC harness that Chris D. told me was for a speed cut defender. Does anyone know where I can acquire a speed cut defender or to override the system? Thanks. -ed

alltracman78

As far as I know, the speed cut works something like the fuel cut.
Once you reach a certain speed, the electronic speed sensor signals the ecu, which cuts fuel.
However, since we have cable speedos, all you need the speed sensor for is cruise control.....

Simba

You can rig up a simple switch on the speed sensor wire and have the best of both worlds. I used my factory alarm switch for this. It'll throw a code when you disable it, but, no more speed cut, and you can switch it back on for cruise with no ill effects.

CMS-GT4

Where on the harness are the wires for the speed cut? I got a cheap speed defensor for 25 bucks a while back.

Simba

It's the speed sensor wire, marked SPD I believe on the pinout. I don't recall exactly, but I think it's the third wire from the left on the top of plug #3. Any ECU pinout diagram will tell you exactly which.

CMS-GT4

So I just wire this in at the ecu? Not under the dash. I have the epinout, and am using this for a 205 swap. Just wanted to verify where it goes in at.

thanks,

JC

maxaud

so, I was watching this thread and was hoping to see the other peoples questions that are listed here answered because I have the same questions.

I have a speed limiter at 110mph on my car and I'd like to have that taken off. Also, full boost in 1st and second would also be nice.

what wire is it? any pictures (worth a thousand words)?

I also have to keep in mind I have JDM ECU/wiring harness, is it the same wire (I don't have cruise either)?

thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for the replies.

maxaud

st185-sainz":2glqbdbe said:
if you cut this wire it also enables to get full boost in 1st and 2nd gear!
is this truely another way to do it? It seems a lot easier and I wouldn't have to purchase a boost controller (or would I?)

alltracman78

It will work.
However, you will be limited to the lower boost all the time.

Interesting that you have this.
Neither of my Alltracs had, even when they were 100% stock.
:shrug:

st185-Sainz" Small hands or Asian friend[/quote said:
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA