GT-Four

SuperWhite92

CelicaGT-SSport":ow5vber5 said:
alright so if i imported a RHD GT-four from japan to Canada how would i get it across the boarder to America?

Wait until it's 25 years old, or get a manufacturer note from toyota saying it would pass US Federal Safety Standards, and then get the headlights and speedo fixed by a shop that toyota authorizes.

95wrc

well i just towed mine through border as a parts car .. went through montana which is a slower crossing and in middle of nowhere ..

i also went on a Sat afternoon and the non asshole crew was working compared to day before .. US and Canadian agents all have major ego problems from what i saw .. they protect us but can also make your life hell .

dont even try unless you get paperwork pre-done ..

this was a few years ago so not sure how things are now .

A

Anonymous

One of the best things you could do is get it registered and insured in BC canada, because to register the car in BC it gets its own 17 digit north american VIN number, and then you might be able to just drive it across because it will have 17 digits VIN.

JDM cars dont have vins they only ave chasis codes which are only 12 digits.

I dont know why you would have to get them to change the spedo... its just in KM/s instead of miles, you can do the conversion easily enuf in ure head 96km/h = 60mph 1 mile = 1.6 km

anyways hope this helped

SuperWhite92

JDMGT-4":o003lltc said:
One of the best things you could do is get it registered and insured in BC canada, because to register the car in BC it gets its own 17 digit north american VIN number, and then you might be able to just drive it across because it will have 17 digits VIN.

JDM cars dont have vins they only ave chasis codes which are only 12 digits.

I dont know why you would have to get them to change the spedo... its just in KM/s instead of miles, you can do the conversion easily enuf in ure head 96km/h = 60mph 1 mile = 1.6 km

anyways hope this helped

What is needed to register the car in BC? An address or anything?