execive black smoke

hozit.ever since ive owned my car iv never seen it go down the road..so wen i got my hks ssqv bov i got a mate to go down the road...and fuck she blows execive black smoke under acceleration...running rich assss....he reckons its allways done it..fag never told me...wat do u guys reckon it could be??? any common richening faults???? i have 2 fault codes coming up...i have no temperature gauge (factory) and no idle signal...any help would be apreciated

SuperWhite92

The stock ECU tune is so rich it hurts. I used to call my car the smokescreen when it was all stock.

As far as the fault codes, check the FAQ forum on how to pull the codes, and then post which ones they are. That's the best place to start to see if somethings wrong or not.

The temperature gauge is most likely a bad sensor. It sits on the water neck and isn't too bad to check with the intercooler off.

db

Also, if your BOV is venting to the atmosphere, you'll likely see black smoke between shifts. This is normal until you re-route the air back into the intake or convert to a speed density setup.

i had the problem of a leaky blow off valve..i had a shitty monza blow off valve..i threw it away and got a hks sequential so it dont leak now.but it does smoke on acceleration