Slotted Turn Signal Lenses (Rear GT4)

Corey

Car's past inspection :D

Incase anyone was wondering about the new process.

The 2 inspection facilities in Coombs are the only 2 Mid-island who do the new inspections - of the 30 there used to be. There are a few in Victoria.

For the Celica GT4. The only things that must be changed/modified are the Head lights. (picked up some GE Sealed units for 30$) and these tail light side markers. (all cars must have red retroreflective lights on sides of car if the brake running lights dont wrap around)

This is probably one of the easiest cars to pass inspection.

Something the inspector mentioned to me... if you tires dont say DOT, And or have a load rating (most important). you will need new tires.

Took about an hour, when i came back they were just finishing up and getting online to send my car's pictures down the Brian Kangis in Victoria. Who then approves your vin application to Pria at ICBC in Vancouver.

The inspector told me this would take about 2 working days because i had all my paper work in before inspection and was already in contact with both of them.

Also, the more complete and organized the inspection. the faster it will get processed. (if pictures are missing or comments not shown on each, it will just hold you up. ) So find a good inspector who cares. Luckly with this new system though - its weeded out the bad ones and left about 7 on the whole island to choose from. Thats the reason for these new standards anyway, some inspectors passed imports that werent legal. (lots of skylines). And now those car owners may be getting a call to get reinpsected.

So, if anyone in the mid island area is looking for an inspection, call up Island Automotive (250) 248-8995 (Bob/Chris) they are located right across from the restraunt with "goats on roof"

Or call Coombs Auto Country (Glenn) sry dont have the number handy - can find it on google earth.

Glenn from Coombs auto usually works with Bob and Chris to get these past inspection. You take it to glenn. he does a pretest. that way you know you wont be wasting your $135 at the inspector. Glenn will also do the inspection tho.

When the inspection is completed, a yellow sticker with the date of inspection is placed somewhere on your windshield in plain view.

This way, at road check points, or point inspections, the officer can take a look at the sticker and pass you off. Bob was telling me that RCMP are now taking training in CVSE car requirements for imports. So if they see a RHD (big target) with out the red corner lights or any other DOT approved lights/Tires/Glass whatever ... :shoots: lol

Also... Bob told me that there is the possiblity for RHD owners to get reinspected a few months down the road to make sure they still comply with standards - and to make sure the inspection facility did its job. otherwise, lots of fines to be had by all. And now that they have pictures of your car at inspection, they car prove it passed - and that You changed it after, relieving the liability on the inspector.

Now, one of the parts about this new system that bites the big one... having to purchase an extra days worth of insurance to drive back up the facility to get your vin plate slapped on the car. Before you would have your vin sent to the facility and when you passed, they would put in on right there. Now it must first be approved by Brian Kangis before vin is made.

Cheers