saw somethn now im puzzled

3SGTEG54B

a friend showed me a 3sgte with deff aftermarket turbo on it the valve cover was painted red and it had a side mounted intake manifold thats been polished does anyone know anything about this setup it would make me going FMIC so much easier

Gary

Is the intake manifold looks aftermarket or OEM.
If it looks OEM, someone might have put 3SGE side feed intake manifold in there.
Or it might have the Caldina 3SGTE.
That version of 3SGTE came stock with side feed manifold.

3SGTEG54B

2229322_9_full.jpg

ok this is the picture where do i get one of these manifolds?[/img]

turbo4wd

Thats a custom intake manifold. The stock manifold was taken, and the plenum was chopped off and a larger-side feed was put in its place.

tw2

3SGTEG54B":4rc07qjj said:
one more qestion gary will that mr2 2nd gen seriess fit a first gen series 3sgte??
They both have TVIS and look the same; with a quick glace yes.

tw2

Side feed is about the only advantage. I don't think the plenum is any bigger and the runners are identical i think. (side feed is beneficial since all runners are supposed to get the same airflow whereas the centre feed the middle two runners get more air than the outside two because of the extra turns and distance involved) The other way to get around it is to cut the plenum off your stock manifold, weld a nice large uniform plenum on and use two stock throttle bodies situated between each runner for nice even flow.

3SGTEG54B

one problem i see with the waste gate chosen is how it will interfere witht he alt and possibly the oil filter but a relocation kit can kit that but we need the alternator....maybe im lookin at the pic wrong

tw2

I think it is a mr2 3sgte so the alternator is in a completely different place and not a problem. It might clear the oil filter, would need a better pic to clarify but most people wouldn't bother with an aftermarket exhaust manifold anyway since the stock one is very good and extremely reliable and so the wastegate would probably end up in a different place.

lumbercis

the 1st gen 3sge manifolds have slightly larger plenums than stock 2nd gen 3sgte manifolds. the 3sge's plenum can also be bored out to around 60mm.

J.