Now you know why I cry....

gt4tified

My new braided clutch line started to leak from where it threads into the hard line so I removed it, thinking it was the crimping but that seems fine now. BTW, can I use thread seal to lock this in place or would the fluid melt it?

Anyway, I had to remove the slave cylinder to get the line out since it was jamming agains the turbo compressor housing. When I got the slave off I saw the rod and cursed....it was broken!

So I took it out and pushed out the piston hoping to retrieve the other broken piece, only to realise there was no other piece! Apparently one of the stupid fcuking mechanics who worked on my car over the years (yes, I've changed about 5 of them so far) thought it wise to SAW OFF piece of the rod! :x

Thank God I had the twos'r'us rod in the car so I can now fix the problem. I had written in another thread that my clutch chatters on idle and when I blip the clutch it goes away, now I know why that was happening!

Here's what the old one and 2s'rus compared look like:

Sifu

I would just ask to speak to the manager/owner. If they don't admit to it then just do the best thing you can do as a consumer. You can just post a complaint via the web and talk about their service. Word of mouth (even in small communities) can ruin a business.

Luckily they didn't decide to cut your brake line or something else important.