Help me please.

MrMcQuacker

Ok how do i start. i am swaping a 2gen 3sgte motor into my 86 celica gts 3s ge. and i was kind of aware and not about the stuff going on. i am planning on using my tranny for the motor was told it would be compatible. ok but the starter i was told is getting in the way with the turbo. Is there any easier way on avoiding making new holes? Please PM or yea lol Please Ty reply asap this is delaying my cars completion

MrMcQuacker

Please i can see that people are looking at this post but not replying. Most likly you guys are finding my question retardedly Dumb if anything. Most likly this is already been talked about, but i honestly cant find it so can someone just help say something to help me out here please. Seriously at least 1/20 people gotta say something please it would be MUCH appreciated. Ty

turbo4wd

MrMcQuacker":1xo5yuzd said:
Please i can see that people are looking at this post but not replying. Most likly you guys are finding my question retardedly Dumb if anything.

No we don't find it retardly dumb, its just that this isn't an AE86 forum where people have done 3SGTE swaps into their Corollas.. There may be a few guys here that have done the swap, and maybe they can chime in - but for the most part you might have better luck asking over at Club4AG.

I know of several guys in the So Cal area who have done 3SGTE swaps into their Corollas - I sold an engine to one of them..

MrMcQuacker

Ok i am very sorry i guess. i wasnt specific enough let me rephrase this. i have a 1986 Celica gts. Its not a corrola. my car has a 3s ge motor and im swaping in a 3sgte motor and i was told the tranny is compatible with the motor. But i was not to aware of the starter getting in the way with the turbo

you would probably have better luck at www.celicatech.com. Most people on
this board have tracs and are not doing FWD swaps. If you are looking for
3sgte help this is a resource. Also try www.mr2oc.com and www.mr2.com if you end up looking for different tranny or parts.

And to repeat whats already been said:
The transmission from the 3sge has the starter facing in towards the motor (the 3sgte has the body of the starter facing away from the motor). When you use the 3sge tranny/bellhousing the starter faces in towards the motor and that is where the turbo is located on the 3sgte so the starter is not
going to fit (and would get very hot even if it did fit, a problem that it
already had in the 3sge)