MOD help, Just bought 92 jdm gt4

banshee 101

SO i just picked up my gt4 yesterday. It has 135 xxxkms on it and is almost stock.

mods
- aem ems ecu, tuned very moderatly(7psi)
- BOV
- Custom 3" downpipe
- hollowed straight pipe exhaust
- Bully 6 puck clutch w/ rebuilt tranny

Im looking to get around 300-350 hp

so i would like mod recommendations and parts if available,
im debating if i should buy a ful coilover kit or just some springs and struts
Also for turbo upgrade, would a ct26 be enough??? should i go TMIC or FMIC. just looking to see what people have done here and i would be using this as a daily driver so i would like a reliable setup. i live in montreal so -40 degree weather.

PIC-0032.jpg

thanks
nick
[/img]

alltracst185

ct26 is the stock turbo and will just barely get you 250whp. what you need is a greddy td06 20g with full 3" exhaust,front mount ic,tial external wastegate,hks or tial bov,some sort of metal head gasket, arp head studs,walboro 255 fuel pump,550 or bigger injecters,upgraded fuel rail(i bought the speed-source) and a fpr. all that at 18-22 lbs from my understanding will get you between 300 to 350 ish whp pretty reliable since you allready have the best ems in my opinion....welcome and have fun with the car!

on another note...you screen name banshee...do you ride yamaha banshees?

banshee 101

i do ride a banshee, my favorite atv, thats for sure. also with a td06 turbo, will i need a new DP or manifold???
also for head gasket should i go with 1mm or 1.4 mm?? any difference
thanks

Meurz

TD06 hot side is different from a CT26, so you'd need 'another' dp or have your current one modded (since it's already custom?). You could use an adapter block to use the turbo on the OEM manifold (not really a restricting factor) or get a (rare/expensive) TRUST/HKS manifold.

Head gasket depends on how much will be milled off the block and head (and what pistons you are using) - thicker gasket = higher c/r. Imo 1.0 mm is quite thin..

banshee 101

i think the garett looks better, i wont need to change the manifold or DP. what internals for engine do you recommend?? pistons, springs??

gt4tified

You will have to fab an adapter to the manifold and get a custom downpipe - my advice, get an el cheapo XS Power downpipe and chop the flange and get a v-band flange welded on.

As far as internals go, in excess of 300hp I'd be more concerned with better flow through the head and it being able to get to high rpm's safely rather than what's going on down below.

If you have the funds though, I'd say get new main bearings, engine seals, rings, and have the crank micropolished and balanced.

tw2

I wouldn't worry about internals at that power level unless there is something wrong with them. ats could only get 236whp out of the ct26 at the most and that was on an mr2 (2wd) so it will be even lower for us. Check out the 3sgte vendors www.atsracing.net, koracing and berk technology for turbo kits or you can make your own but it is time consuming. There is a sticky in the faq section about what is involved to make a random turbo work or you can check out some of the projects where people have made their own kits.

If you want a quick, easy and expensive suspension upgrade go for coilovers, struts cannot be changed in the rear without some hassle, check the suspension faq's.