Just ordered HKS Superflow

Sal

I just ordered an HKS Super flow for my RC. The shop that ordered it for me said that everything should be close to fine on the installment because the MR2 share the 3GTE with little differences. Anyway, they ordered the MR2 Kit and the guy who is doing it for me thinks we have to relocate the battery. I think that's not true. I know members around here have this intake and I see that the battery is in the same place or fitment is good enough. Any thoughts?
What was the average install time too? These engines are so damn crowded. Thanks.

Sal

lumbercis

Couldn't you install that yourself?

Anyway, it should fit fine. It sounds like your guy doesn't know what he is talking about though. The intake mounting on the mr2 isn't anything like the alltrac's. But it should fit anyway without moving the battery. You just stick it on the end of the AFM after all.

J.

Sal

Thanks! Thats what I was thinking. They offered to install it but they were talking about re-locating the battery when I opened the hood and I was a bit skeptical on that. Should arrive soon so i'm pretty pumped :)

lumbercis

I'm almost certain you don't need to move the battery unless you are running a straight intake.

It might be a little bit tight and take some finessing, but it should fit. I don't think there is any way the HKS intake takes up more space than the whole stock airbox.

J.

klue

when you get the filter, come see me. Ill get you the clutch and show you how to put it on.

cheers

Sal

Klue, I'll take up the offer perhaps. Give me a week and a few days? That is, If its no sold yet.

Meurz

+1

The only CS/GrpA/RC plug & play option left is the HKS kit by Jspeed.

Same goes for the A'PEXi MR2 kit:

cs-afm.jpg

Sal

Ok sounds good. Do you think you can PM me with a quote please? I'm kinda frustrated that these guys Misled me. I'm losing 20 percent of the payment I made for the kit. I'd appreciate it. Sal