Boost Problems

Yowzas

Hi Everyone!
I'm pretty new to the celica/car world. I just bought a 91 celica GT4RC from japan last year and i've been pretty happy with it. But lately as i'm learning more about the car I've found more problems with it.

Mine's pretty much stock but it came with a electronic blitz turbo timer with a boost gauge on it. but the measurement it uses is kg/cm2. which is apparently =14.22psi

When i try to boost it never seems to pass 0.6kg/cm2 = 8.5psi

Any ideas on the problem?
Maybe i should get a better gauge? I'm thinking of investing in a digital boost controller but want to fix up the basics before I do.
Or Maybe replace vacuum valves?

Speed Stick

Yeah I think 8 is stock boost in third, fourth and fifth and even less then that in the first two gears. Is it properly connected?

Yowzas

Speed Stick
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:54 pm Post subject:
Yeah I think 8 is stock boost in third, fourth and fifth and even less then that in the first two gears. Is it properly connected?

yea I think/hope so. maybe I should disconnect the tvsv or something.
Think I should install a BOV first?

gt4tified

An RC is definitely supposed to boost higher than that, even with the TVSV untouched. Boost leak maybe? Run a test.

Yowzas

I'd try a different gauge. I would think an RC would be boosting higher than that.
Yea I think I will. just sucks cause then I have to buy another gauge when I was planning on buying a boost controller with built in boost gauge next year.
Think those uber cheap ones off ebay work?

An RC is definitely supposed to boost higher than that, even with the TVSV untouched. Boost leak maybe? Run a test.
Wow.
I kind of was disappointed after hearing it's stock like that.
I was going to check for leaks until I heard it's suppose to be in that range
Thanks I'll check for boost leaks.. somehow lol.