Legitimate differences between ST205 ECUS

A

Anonymous

So after dropping some coin on a ST205 Group A ECU, is it infact any better than the standard ST205 ECU....

I opened it up and it appears all the ASICs are of a different part number. The internal circuit board also has a different part number so i can only hope its an improvement until i can dump the ROMs and find out.

alltracman78

Just a guess......

The mechanical part of the internals would probably be the same. It should only be the mapping that is different.
What do you mean by dumping the ROM?
If your going to change the maps, why bother with a GRP A?

beej

this question came up on celicatech.net

the answer is no.....the only difference between the two models, were an intercooler spray, a disabled water injection a big fuk off wing, some pretty stickers etc etc

there is no ECU difference

Zomb

I would say yes. They may have different maps to run the different octane fuels in the counties they were sold in. Differences between the WRC/Grp A compared to a normal ST205 if any would be the part number as all the extra features on the WRC/Grp A were no enabled (anti-lag, water injection, I/C heat exchanges sprayers)

beej

Zomb":1m1qe2f9 said:
I would say yes. They may have different maps to run the different octane fuels in the counties they were sold in. Differences between the WRC/Grp A compared to a normal ST205 if any would be the part number as all the extra features on the WRC/Grp A were no enabled (anti-lag, water injection, I/C heat exchanges sprayers)

im imagining the different ECU is to control the dormant anit lag ETC, thus explaining what qatar saw.

good point on fuel, we got them here and we only had 96 octane at the time, where as japan has 100 and europe/UK i dunno