Are ST205's mostly dot approved?

GTFOURST205guy

K for any st205 owners could you tell me if all your lights, windows and brake lines are dot approved? I'm not sure what differences there are in safety regulations but as far as I know I'm the first person in manitoba to order an st205 so I have no idea if they pass easily. However I do know that all those things must be dot approved. help please!

If there's any other manitoban 205 owners out there let me know!

Insanity-74

Did any other country other than the US/Canada use the dot approval system??? if not then I doubt it will be. What do you have to look for to see? or does it simply say "dot approved"?

Corey

Japan used the DOT system on their cars FOR SURE if they were imported to canada/usa

my jdm car has full dot glass and signal housings, but it was a usa import.

The 205 wasnt, so im not sure. Someone on here will know.

GTFOURST205guy

Insanity-74":3bc712wh said:
Did any other country other than the US/Canada use the dot approval system??? if not then I doubt it will be. What do you have to look for to see? or does it simply say "dot approved"?

not sure but apparently all i need to change is the outer main lights. thank god i don't have to replace any of the glass or other lights.

Anthem2k

DOT approved means that a part meets the safety requirements set by the US Department of Transportation. It's usually printed on the housing. Really I wouldn't be afraid of needing new glass when importing a 205 as there's quite a few wrong wheel drive 95-96 celicas sitting in junk yards.

GTFOURST205guy

Sal":3sd10nlt said:
You're probably gonna need replacement lights, DRL and new tires?

new tires? for what reason? I wouldn't really be too mad if i had to cause it would force me to get new ones even tho i don't really have the money for it quite yet... visa

Anthem2k":3sd10nlt said:
DOT approved means that a part meets the safety requirements set by the US Department of Transportation. It's usually printed on the housing. Really I wouldn't be afraid of needing new glass when importing a 205 as there's quite a few wrong wheel drive 95-96 celicas sitting in junk yards.

lol wrong wheel drive. ya there definitely would be so that wouldn't be too bad.

Corey

In BC, and likely the other provinces as well, the tires must be DOT approved as well, so they need to say DOT on them.

ChrisD

Yes, main lights as the deflectors are angled the wrong way on the JDM ones. Tires, yes, also need to be DOT rated. It's hit and miss if the JDM cars have them or not.

paul_gt4

ah ok gotcha now, here in the UK and Ireland we have a thing called British Standard or BS for short, we also have a Kite mark rating which is also approved by government, in Germany they are very stringent, if anything over there passes government testing, it gets a TUV marking and a thing to be very proud of.

Insanity-74

paul_gt4":llaryrt3 said:
ah ok gotcha now, here in the UK and Ireland we have a thing called British Standard or BS for short, we also have a Kite mark rating which is also approved by government, in Germany they are very stringent, if anything over there passes government testing, it gets a TUV marking and a thing to be very proud of.

I doubt st205 lights will have them then cause they are shite. Turn them on and it actually gets darker. :lol:

tubasteve

when i was having mine sent over i had my uncle do the pre check that the importer had given me, it had everything but the front lights had to be changed out and the rear lights. currently im waiting till i get a house to have it and drive it, but i cant yet :( he drives it and is making fun of me for not getting a house yet. but when she is here ill see what it takes.

GTFOURST205guy

Has anyone else ever had trouble with 1sttoyotaparts? I just recently ordered both outer main lights for my 205 and got 2 right side lights.

azian_advanced

you can get DOT'd headlamps but as far as i know in Manitoba they're not gonna check if you have DOT stamped on the lense, people here are usually not that anal about things. just make sure you have DRLs and it passes safety and you should be fine.