Whats top speed of a stock 185?

pinoyGT4

AvivB":1l9m8cy4 said:
Yep, but the road ended...
RC engine on FWD body/tranny and 17" (215/40/17) tires...

so there's really still more the engine and tranny can give eh? :smokes:

anyone got up to 220kph? :D

AvivB

Read few posts before... someone already declare more...
At 230Kph the engine will be at around 6000 RPM so unless your engine was modified to run above 7000 RPM you want reach far more.

I just wish there was a good 6 speeds tranny that can fit to this engine... :wish:

GT4RC

IMG00059-20090814-2249.jpg

IMG00058-20090814-2132.jpg

Pretty sure the speedo had stopped climbing at this point.

AvivB

How the h### did you get this speed at a bit over 5K RPM?
What tranny do you have?
Did you mod the 5th gear ratio?
Please tell... :)

seabrook71

From what I've read the original factory rally xtrac tranny that was used in the st165 hac six forward gears. I haven't researched that much about it, I guess I just figured what few there are must be in museums. Then again I could have read misinformation. Someone should disprove or confirm that.

AvivB

AvivB":2pqz2b3p said:
How the h### did you get this speed at a bit over 5K RPM?
What tranny do you have?
Did you mod the 5th gear ratio?
Please tell... :)

I just looked on the photos again and notice that his scale ended at 180Kph and not at 260Kph like mine!!!...
This make sense now...

Toxygene

BoostedBlueToyotas":t34mwabr said:
Willie (mafix), you dont have a st185 :D
A 93 mr2 turbo with a 3sgte got to 140 in a bang for the buck contest
in Motor Trend magazine. There is no way an alltrac is as fast. I would
guess low 130ish

This makes no sense.

I used to have a 1987 Honda Accord Lx-i and I was easily able to hit 130+. It was aerodynamically limited but it could do it. Just for fun why don't you go look up how much horsepower that car had. My 1988 Oldsmobile Delta 88 did the same and it didn't have as much hp as the Alltrac either.

In fact I'm pretty sure that the MR2 was probably speed limited just like the Alltracs are at 130. But if either one of my flying bricks could do it then I'd be willing to bet that the Alltrac without the speed limiter could easily surpass that. Same goes for the MR2 if it's speed limiter is removed, I'm guessing.

Chaosaura

DeeCee":3sx2g8wc said:
My JDM didn't have a speed cut in it. Was still pulling hard after the dial left the end of the 180km/h point on the speedo

Neither did mine. According to my GPS I hit 199 in mine.

GT4RC

weedman":3qpplmad said:
GT4RC, mine got to the same point, did you feel like she had some more left to go?
Maybe, but very little. Probably could get to 250 I guess, but you would need way more straight road, every curve was dropping me 10-20km/h. That was entirely stock and I've since done a bunch of bolt-ons and turned up the boost so maybe it'd be easier.... I haven't tried since and don't really want to lol.

91GT4RCboy

I was doing around 160-170 in 4th the other day, so I assume shifting to 5th would have let her stretch her legs a little bit more.

Edit: Didn't realize I'd already posted in this topic... oops :shrug:

sleeper

Had my st165 to 7800rpm in 5`th... 8) And pulling HARD untill i hit the rev limiter.. but i guess it`S not really on topic since it`s not stock)