buying altrac

wrinkeld_gt91

i was just wondering what to look for when buying a 88 altrac? it needs power steering pump and it ideals at about 1100 to 1200 rpms is that normal. the guy said that if a altrac ideals any lower then they will cut off. dont sound right. any info would be lots of help

91GT4RCboy

my 91 idles at 800 when warm 1100 when cold, im not sure how the first gen ones are... :shrug: if it has a light weight flywheel then the idle will be higher

monkey8oi

my 88 st165 idles at 1100 when cold and 800 when warm.. If the seller says that it won't idle at 800 or it will shut off then there might be an issue with the car.. Maybe timing needs to be adjusted.. If you're looking for an 88 alltrac, check for any possible oil leaks and if there are any electrical issues with the car. Its going to be a pain in the ass to deal with if there are issues with the wiring harness because it isn't easy to find another wiring harness for that car. Depending on your area, i would check for rust also..

WarTowels

wrinkeld_gt91":2njdbjo9 said:
i was just wondering what to look for when buying a 88 altrac?

How about two "L"'s on the ALLTRAC badge for starters.

Also your in GT-Four chat, so why Altrac anyway? It's one or the other geographically.

-Towels