Gt-Four Problems?

MikeeDubb

Alright guys some of you remember kellen ( T4EMF4INT). Well i bought his 1990 gt-four off of him.
All was well untill about a couple days ago, when i took her for a wash. Right after i washed her i parked her for 5 hurs and went to work.
When i came out and started to drive her again i noticed that as soon as i applied heavy throttle, or as soon as i hit boost, the car will sputter and shake instead of the nice turbo pull.
i have no clue were to start looking, i looked to vaccum leaks but all of my lines seem to be nice and tight. The car still runs fine other than that problem.
Oh and i cannot get over 5 Psi...

Anyone who might know that would be great !! thanks alot in advance

Corey

Start with ignition components, maybe water got into the spark plug holes somehow, or the dizzy :shrug:

MikeeDubb

Corey Darling":2mwajshw said:
Start with ignition components, maybe water got into the spark plug holes somehow, or the dizzy :shrug:

i will def check those, i know i do not have a cap on my fuse box, because of the BOV i am unablle to get the cover back on.

is it possible water got in here nd is causing these problems??

Sal

I'm 95% sure it's ignition related. Ask the seller how long ago he changed all the general maintenance stuff.

MikeeDubb

Alright guys i decided to come bck with an update, i looked at my distributor, and the rotor was fucked.

Thought oh for sure here is my problem, changed the cap and rotor, no moisture inside of it.
Took it for a drive, a little more power, and less sputtering but the sputtering is definatly still there under heavy throttle/boost.

Next thing is the spark plugs and wires, ill be back to let all of you know if THAT changes my problem...

maxaud

If that doesn't fix the issue, check intake piping to see if any are loose or have any cracks. Might have just happened around the same time as the wash.