SSAC's Motoria Exhaust for ST205...

kkelly3201

So I am looking at installing it this upcoming weekend, but looking at it I am a little confused. It claims to be turbo back but there is clearly no downpipe in the set. I know this because my downpipe meets my exhaust turbine housing at a 90 degree angle and there is no part that has that angle. Also there is one section in there that doesn't have exhaust flanges on it, it has what looks like a clamp, what does that clamp to?

Insanity-74

ChrisD":2t6zz8tb said:
motoria_midpipe_185v205.jpg

Are you sure those are labelled the right way round??? if you look on the SSAutochrome web site they are the other way.

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1484

never the less I have seen one on a GT4 in the UK and it looked and sounded great.

kkelly3201

So am I understanding you correctly that you have you stock cat/down pipe in place still? Does the SSAC exhaust bolt up to it fine or what? If so I'll be ecstatic as I'd rather not have to take the factory down pipe off right now. Emissions legalities aside, it is a royal pain in the balls to remove it. I have previously purchased an exhaust manifold and down pipe that I have sitting in a box waiting to be installed by a mechanic because it doesn't seem as though I have the skill/knowledge to remove the old stuff. The problem I have is getting to the bold that mounts the turbo to the cylinder head to keep it in place. That bolt is nearly impossible to get to. I've mentioned this in here before but the help I got was a little vague, mostly just "well you have to use a wrench and get in there at an awkward angle".

kkelly3201

Awesome, so this should be a pretty cake install then from the sounds of it. Anything that I should know going into it i.e. quirks, other than having to take the crossmember out?

kkelly3201

Yeah fortunately I do have access to a lift so all should go well, but if there is one thing I've learned about any sort of car work, is that it never goes as easy as planned.

kkelly3201

UPDATE...I did end up finding an issue. There is a weight on my drive shaft (balancer) that contacts my pipe now that it has a larger diameter. It sounds awful.