What's this button??????

athousandleaves

The vibration box is about $500 new from Toyota if you really want it.

The mirror heaters are run off the same circuit as the rear glass defogger not the vibration circuit.

Only way to be 100% sure you have the vibrating mirrors is by taking off the glass and inspecting the setup internally.

Ninetail

Well theres no doubt after opening the mirror, its supersonic. Speaker/vibrator mounted behind on the mirror etc.

This makes the replacement mirrors I ordered useless though... or can you move the speaker? Wish there was a guide.

I need to get that vibration control box it seems. Waiting for wiring diagram from Toyota Japan.
Toyota doesnt make it anymore btw. Plus it was priced around 350$ new.

Domspun

athousandleaves":17wk61d0 said:

The mirror heaters are run off the same circuit as the rear glass defogger not the vibration circuit.

Only way to be 100% sure you have the vibrating mirrors is by taking off the glass and inspecting the setup internally.

Mines heats up when I use this button.

Ninetail

Domspun":21dhruhu said:
athousandleaves":21dhruhu said:

This sounds right from what ive read also. Does this mean you have vibration as well?
I would love to know how its wired up.

athousandleaves

I wasn't saying that the button doesn't heat the mirrors, I was saying that the rear defroster is a high amp circuit where the mirrors draw current from to heat up.

Ninetail

How come everyone is selling the relays but not this vibration control unit? What does it look like? Where is it mounted?

Seems like theres a chance alot of these have been scrapped.

athousandleaves

Most people dont even know this option exists. For many years guys on eBay were selling power folding mirrors without the controller or switch. Its taken a while for them to get it and understand what we want.

Domspun

Ninetail":cscm6noa said:
Domspun":cscm6noa said:
athousandleaves":cscm6noa said:

This sounds right from what ive read also. Does this mean you have vibration as well?
I would love to know how its wired up.
Yes, they vibrate and heat up. I am not about to take it apart and see how it works. :) I will still drive it as my daily driver for a couple of years and then do a full on resto-mod! :D

Ninetail

Hehe. I just got the Wiring Diagram from Toyota Japan.

I need to get my hands on that vibration control... MEH!

Ninetail

Sure.

supersonicmirror.png

Link http://www.celicaracing.no/clubpics/sup ... mirror.png

athousandleaves

Thanks!

Do let us know if you get your hands on the actual computer for the vibration. Might be possible to duplicate it for cheap.