Help! Identify This Connector!

athousandleaves

Hey Everyone,

This is on a JDM GT-4RC harness and I'm not 100% on what it connects to/what signals it carries.

One large white wire, one Black/brown, one blue/brown.

Let me know if you can figure it out!

2vnkr44.jpg

5lb5af.jpg

53l5s5.jpg

AvivB

This is indeed RC harness.
Big white - If you don't have RC body, you'll see the other end on the body harness between the battery and the air filter box as round 1 pin connector like this:
file.php

And here is the connectors description:
file.php

The other 2 wires are for the IC pump...

ps. on the other side for the harness (close to the part if goes into the firewall) you'll see a 4 pin square connector, this is the IC relay connector.

Let me know if you need more...

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 833
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 0

white91

Just last week I was having problems figuring out this connector too. I ended up just cutting the single white-wire connector off my old engine and using that. I just taped up the random 2 wires separately and it runs great. Didn't know they were for the IC pump though...

athousandleaves

Aviv!
Thanks for the detailed reply - you have to send me a copy of the manual you got that diagram from as none of mine cover the Grp. A wiring like that!
I followed the wires on my other RC and yes they appear to run to the pump after dissapearing into the harness for a bit.
I'm hoping that I can hook these up somehow and set the intercooler pump to run all the time if possible as the car I'm working on has the 90-91 USDM body harness in it.

White91, did your engine have the WTA IC on it?
If so I'd be curious to see if the pump is running while you have the car turned on or not.

AvivB

Hi,

The manual I have for the RC is a pdf of a copy of a copy of a copy...
In addition, it not exactly as my harness so I suspect it's for different version...
Whoever, it helped me a lot when I swap the 3SGE engine with the RC engine.
I know quite a lot of the connectors on the harness since I rewired the entire harness.
(The RC harness was RHD and my body is LHD so I had to extend half of the harness wires)
I remember this specific connector since it too me some time to figure it out...
I had to follow the wires all the way to the relay and from there to the body connector...
Anyhow, PM me your email address and I'll send you this PDF and another one that helped.

For my setup, no my original body didn't have a IC pump so I've improvised one... from VW Golf V5...
As for today, I'm not using those two wires since I was too lazy to work with the relay and left it for later time...
In the meanwhile, I just connected it to run full-time attaching it to one of the relays after the ignition switch...

white91

athousandleaves":ee22jb78 said:
White91, did your engine have the WTA IC on it?
If so I'd be curious to see if the pump is running while you have the car turned on or not.

It works just fine but I didn't get it running with the stock IC ecu. I just wired the pump to a distribution block so when I turn the key on it turns on.