Is the AEM for the Alltrac's compatible with the GT4RC's

Spectra1

I have been thinking about buying a AEM for my GT4RC. I found a deal on a AEM Part# 30-1120 (says its for the 90-92 Alltrac) and want to know if there is any difference between the AEM for the standard 3sgte or the RC3sgte? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

alltracst185

As long as your car is the same year that the AEM is for then yes it will fit, no difference in ecu plugs from USDM to JDM :wink:

esracing

woooo the pin outs are diff on the rc so you will have to repin.i rec that you get a jumper harness and repin that

saved_1992

Spectra1":1ksmkgzk said:
I have been thinking about buying a AEM for my GT4RC. I found a deal on a AEM Part# 30-1120 (says its for the 90-92 Alltrac) and want to know if there is any difference between the AEM for the standard 3sgte or the RC3sgte? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

it is for 90-91
or 92-93

aem is wrong on 90-92 just fyi

Spectra1

You know I have heard so many things concerning what year the the AEM Part# 30-1120 will fit. I have been told that 90-92 is one range and also that the range is actually 90 to 91 and 92 to 93. I really dont know who to believe anymore and seeing as I have a 92 but the engine is a jdm swap I dont even know what year the engine is. This is all getting really frustrating :bangshead: Does anyone know how I could tell what year my engine is?

Toyota_Todd

The OEM computer in the US cars were the same for 90-91 and then had another number for 92-93 model years.

30-1120 fits 90-91
30-1121 fits 92-93

I contacted AEM about this years ago and they never changed their listing. Just laziness.

The year of the motor shouldn't matter if they are from the same generation. The year of the cars computer is what is important. I have heard of people using the wrong AEM ems and just repinning their harness, but why go through the extra effort...get the correct one.

Spectra1

Thanks that cleared things up. I guess it does not really matter which one I have because I have to repin it anyways because the car is a North American model but the engine and harness and current ECU is a JDM RC one.