Need help choosing tires for my RC

Xiansheng

I'm wondering if a set of 225 55 16 tires will work with these 16x8 rims:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41600

My car is a stock '91 RC with 25mm rear spacers.

The reason why the 225/55's is because I can get them super cheap, I need to know if they'll rub, especially with the rear spacers, if 55 is too much?

I also found 225/50's but they are 3 times the price so I need to know please if anyone can help me out knows this stuff for sure.
(I'm looking everywhere for info, for like 24hrs straight now, and it's killin me..lol.. I wanna make this RC s|K, but don't have coin for amazing best of the best tires right now, so I found a wicked deal, just don't wanna buy to find out it's rubbing, I'm kinda stuck guys.)

Thanks for any help!

Xiansheng

MIRADA SPORT GTX tires.

I can get them cheap, should I get them? or are they totally crap? any opinions.

At this point in time, changing rims, all the suspension, front end tie rod etc work, plus cost of car/shipping cross country to me, taxes, insurance.. blahblah.. just dont have the coin for the awesome tires i want/the gt4 RC deserves, but want something decent..

so whatya think about these tires guys? (I've looked all over for reviews but doesn't say much, and there's rumors these tires are made by yokahama but i dunno...)

Thanks

Xiansheng

The Mirada Sport GTX tires up above are 225/50/16...
(I have rear 25mm spacers on the back so im also thinking about these 45 tires.. )

What do you guys think about Dunlop Sport 8000 tires 225/45/16 instead? found em super cheap at a shop right next to me with 60-70% tread left on them?

any opinions?

I need some help guys.. come on...lol :D

I need to get my RC on the road already.. :bangshead:

Xiansheng

trust me i will bro.. when i start with the cam.. i get mental ocd stylez...lol

she's just sitting in the driveway for now, I'm collecting stuff, and gonna clean out garage from mountain of shit in there..
I've found/grbbing a big jack, and stands, and planning on getting engine lift used for cheap, some 1, 1.5, 2ton adjustable good one.. and an engine stand to spin the bad boy and work... im in the collecting stage. :D

she's total fucked up, sagging suspension, 3 white, 1 silver wheel, dust from storage for a year all over.. lol running good, but not the best.. need to get her flying on the highway with some high octane clean her out ya know...

but I hear ya man....... lol
(2 owners ago, member on here flipradio3's old car--> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2949542/1 ... ota-celica old ad)

Are you ' 8)The Rider?!?!' :D