ST205 clutch

LechacZ

I have a 205 motor and tranny in my 185 and now the clutch is gone...
Since i'm in Canada, parts for 205 are not easily accessible. I need to know if the 185 and 205 clutches are interchangable.

OlyST185

i think they are.
my friend got an 1997 engine in hes mr2, the clutch was ruined. the dude from the speedshop installed an mr2 racing clutch, that was im sure at 99% for a 2nd gen 3SGT. and it works pretty well

k_trac

They are the same. Josh from chicoraceworks said that you can use either one. I am going to be going with a spec stg 2 once I get the engine out of my clip.

Kyoto

This is an old thread, but rather than start a new one i thought it better to post in this one.

Does the 165 flywheel fit the 205 engine? I don't think it does but i kinda hope so anyway...

RIalltrac

Kyoto":9ei4u88e said:
This is an old thread, but rather than start a new one i thought it better to post in this one.

Does the 165 flywheel fit the 205 engine? I don't think it does but i kinda hope so anyway...

I would say no, only because the aftermarket flywheels that are out there right now have an oval shaped hole for where you bolt it down, thats because the bolt pattern on the 165 & 185 are slightly different. These flywheels are universal in that sense because they have that oval mounting hole, if you tried to put a 165 fw in a 185 motor it just wouldnt fit and seeing how similar the 185 & 205 engines are.....my .02 cents

saved_1992

the stock 165 (1gen) flywheel will not fit a 185 (2gen) or 205 (3gen), the 165 has a slightly smaller bolt pattern.

note you can egg shape the holes if need, just like the aftermarket flywheels.

Kyoto

The moral of this story is dont start stockpiling parts till your absolutely sure what your goals are gonna be. To date i've wasted good money on an eManage, CT20B, 165 lightweight FW, and potentially an Aussie 165 system. Doh...