Dumb Question im sorry.

JDM GT Four, ST185RC and ST205.

Dumb Question im sorry.

Postby MrMcQuacker » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:17 pm

I bought bushings that needed to be replaced but I don't know what exactly is it I need. I found out that I have bought rear lower trailing arms bushings and some bushings for the front. I need to know what are the other 8 bushings on the hub besides the really big one. I found some from twosrus ST165/ST185 Rear Control Arm Outer Polyurethane Bushing but I just want to make sure those are not the ones I already have.

I can't explain it to well but hopefully those who think about my explanation, you won't get to lost.

When you take out the hub there are 3 bushings on it. 2 small ones and 1 big one in the center between the 2 small ones. I have the big one in the center but I need the 2 small ones. I know they are spherical types but I don't want those. I want the actual polyurethane one. And if I remember correctly by watching a write up on how to install them. There are 8 bushing I think 4 bushing and 2 tubes per hub. ( what are the name of those bushings?)
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
MrMcQuacker
Club Member

Re: Dumb Question im sorry.

Postby spitfiremk16 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:36 pm

Use the spherical bushings from toyota. Here is a write up with part #'s.

http://www.planetcampbell.us/SphericalB ... ement.html

Here is why you use spherical bushings on the wheel hub side of your #1 and 2 suspension arms

viewtopic.php?t=21366&highlight=#wrap

And here is all the part numbers you need to order all suspension bushings from the car from various manufacturers

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44200
spitfiremk16
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby MrMcQuacker » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:37 am

Thank you. Is it possible to get the source for Poly? I have read about spherical and poly and so far. I have driven in a full Poly BMW and other Celicas and it honestly does not feel so bad. I will look at price and compare. But if possible may I get the source for the Poly 1/2 radius?
MrMcQuacker
Club Member

Postby MrMcQuacker » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:39 am

I apologize if it seems like I am not thankful for the insight. I actually already read the pros and cons, and I have decided to follow the route of the others that have my car and have Poly bushings.
MrMcQuacker
Club Member

Postby Boo_Guy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Here you go, pretty much every poly bushing you could want is here;
http://www.gt4-racing.eu/index.php/toyota-celica-st185

I have their front, rear (minus the 2 spherical from toyota) and rear diff on my car and have no complaints. My mechanic warned me that they might squeak but I havent had any issues.

Another company that makes them is called http://www.superpro.com.au/

You should really look into getting those two spherical bushings from Toyota though, theyre actually better than the polys. All the rest can be poly though.
Boo_Guy
Club Member

Postby lumbercis » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:05 pm

SuperPro also makes those bushings. If you search around on ebay or google you should be able to find a source that sells them.
Caldina powered...
lumbercis
Gold Member

Postby MrMcQuacker » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Are the Superpro bushings from twosrus the replacements for the ones I am looking for?
MrMcQuacker
Club Member

Postby MrMcQuacker » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:12 am

???
MrMcQuacker
Club Member

Return to GT Four Chat