1991 St185 RC model find. Price point?

scottinalaska

I have run across a US Serviceman who brought his England Imported RC back to the states with him. It is RHD with less than 100K miles. Only mod was an airfilter. Paint is decent too. Leather interior. Is 10K too much for this unmolested pretty much rust free example?
The RC does have the short shifter and uprated trans as well as the cool hood!
Thanks for your thoughts,

Scott

underscore

$10k is very cheap, recently one was sold in the US for $15k in similarly stock condition with slightly higher mileage.

The one thing I would do with a car from England is take a very good look at the underbody and in all the nooks and crannies, cars from the UK like to rust from the inside out.

scottinalaska

So is it the RC what makes it much more desirable? If it were a Carlos Saenz model, would that make much difference in your opinions? Mechanically, I believe those two are identical, just a couple signatures!

underscore

^ good catch, it should be a CS unless it was imported to the UK from Japan at some point. You also want to check the plate in the engine bay to ensure it's a real one and not a clone. The Carlos Sainz (Europe), RC (Japan) and GrpA (Australia) are effectively the same, and they should all have the same desirability in my opinion.

ChrisD

underscore":1gxmcr3l said:
^ good catch, it should be a CS unless it was imported to the UK from Japan at some point. You also want to check the plate in the engine bay to ensure it's a real one and not a clone. The Carlos Sainz (Europe), RC (Japan) and GrpA (Australia) are effectively the same, and they should all have the same desirability in my opinion.

I agree with this. Whether CS/RC/GrpA it's a steal if it is in decent shape. They are incredibly hard to find at this point.