94 Celica GT 3rd gen 3sgte vac sensor

Teyaku

I have a 3rd gen 3sgte(JDM) in a 94 Celica GT. My car is throwing a code for my vac sensor and I was wondering, could I replace the sensor with a second gen sensor? If not where's a good place to find 3rd gen parts? Thanks for any info.

Teyaku

Sorry I've been out of the car scene for awhile...I'm horrible with names :oops: I'm thinking maybe it's the vaccuum actuator?

Teyaku

Teyaku":16n1wlwx said:
Got em'

Code 22 is water temp signal (not hooked up, actually I believe this has something to do with the sensors that are not hooked up to the stock intercooler that's not being used...the 205 was w/a intercooled so maybe this is the reason the temp gauge isn't working and is throwing a code simply because the ECU is reading the sensor is not working)

Code 31 is a faulty vacuum sensor (or quite possibly leaks)

42 Speed sensor (it's not hooked up)

54 Intercooler (I don't have the old water/air intercooler so I need to paperclip the plug)

I had posted that in another forum, I can't find the sight where I found the list of codes but the code 31 is vacuum related. Anyone have any insight on what it could be? If it is the map sensor could I use a 2nd gen map sensor to get it running correctly again?

jprine01

Vac sensor sounds like it could be the map sensor to me..
Never heard of a vac modulator on these cars, i dono..
they have a bunch of vsv.. vac switchin valves, but its not a sensor its more like a switch.

If you cant figure it out and dont get the help you need here, try
gt4oc - actually have st205's so they would know better
mr2oc - late gen mr2's have the same 3rd gen engine, most likely the same codes.