Venus-Auto

team_omega

yeah...they don't know nothing....they confused a st185 engine with a st205 once....you can try them but i recommend not to or you'll get something you don't want

k_trac

My clip actually came from Venus, my car is from Mars though...HAHAHA

Ok, no really, it did come from venus auto...I bought it through chicoraceworks though. I picked it up for 2900, has 49,000 miles on it, and all together looks pretty good.

It was hit in the front, which I knew of corse, only real damage was to the fuse box, other than that they sent me the 205 diff., no brakes or body panels though, which I knew, but still thought it was a good price.

Ive heard some bad things about Venus, my engine has not been started yet, so I cant tell you exactly how mine is. Reason I bought it is because I was working through chicoraceworks, and I knew he was reputable.

big_c_tothe_z

They were kind of shady to me when I was trying to order an st185 front clip for my gts, couldn't get any information and I ended up just buying an alltrac.

team_omega

yep...thats right...when i ask them if the st215(3sgte) engine would fit in a st204 chassis, they said no because its from a st215...i said why and they just keep saying because its from a st215 chassis....i know it could fit into a st204 too because i know a guy who did that swap before....your better off buying from other websites because venus-auto is wack..

2of81

team_omega":g36opckw said:
yep...thats right...when i ask them if the st215(3sgte) engine would fit in a st204 chassis, they said no because its from a st215...i said why and they just keep saying because its from a st215 chassis....i know it could fit into a st204 too because i know a guy who did that swap before....your better off buying from other websites because venus-auto is wack..

Dude thats wack, didn't buy because they don't know every possible swap with every clip they have. They don't study Celicas like we do, plus they have all other jap brands too.

turbotraction

Venus auto is a good place to pick up clips and other part aswell, you just have to know what your looking for and if not, talk to the owner, ron or something I think. I just got a R32 skyline dif with axles for 200 bones and it works great, other places would charge 500+ for that dif and axles for my nissan. but as far as 3sgte clips go...you should really talk to josh at chicoraceworks.com he knows more than anyone i have ever encountered about 3sgte and swap and he will surely hook you up with a reasonable price and a good clip

SeanGTS

I've actually been in there shop. Decent group, if you can find someone who speaks english.

Ron is obviously a fake name lol

I would buy from them again.

tweekgt4

a number of people i know have dealt with them but when it comes down to asking them for a motor, they're not too knowledgable. you have to know what you want and they can provide pics and the sort. after a little while, when they don't understand you, they will refer you to josh at chicoraceworks.

I will say that they do seem a little shady, but they were helpful in getting all the right parts for my swap when I bought it from them. It came with the wrong ECU and a bad AFM, but they took care of it (although it took 2 months). Unfortunately, the motor they sold me blew up 3 months after I got it running; I'm not sure if they sold it to me in bad shape (most likely) or if I did something during the swap to crack the #4 piston. Buy with caution from them is all I have to say.

AWDrifter

yea they suck they are kinda dumb, giv nippon inc a call 5624071212 i think they are a little better. also try japanengines.com there # is on the site. thats all i know for jdm motors. :wink: