Switch to full style
Find out what's happening
Post a reply

New features

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:22 am

Here are some things you will notice in the new software:

- Quick links for all unanswered posts, unread posts, new posts, and your own posts
- Hot topics link
- Sub forums (You will see sections change into smaller subsections)
- Bookmarks, you can save threads you find interesting for the future
- Drafts, save a draft of a post you aren't finished with, to post later
- Friends and foes, see when your friends are online, and also ignore users you don't like
- PM folders, arrange your PMs into folders
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Re: New features

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:02 pm

view active topics is not working for me :(

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/search.php?search_id=active_topics

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Does this board have the feature where you mouse over a topic and it gives you a little preview of the first so many lines of the first post?

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:08 pm

gearhead313 wrote:Does this board have the feature where you mouse over a topic and it gives you a little preview of the first so many lines of the first post?

dude, I'm sorry but they have that on SupraMania, and it's so f-ing annoying.

please don't do it! lol

btw, Robert - I also gotta say, yesterday I thought the new format sucked balls, but I see you are customizing it now, and it's getting a lot better!

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:18 pm

i agree entirely /\

Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:29 pm

After an upgrade, it takes a few days for active topics to work. Basically, they aren't active yet.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:40 pm

how do I change my settings to only highlight new post since my last visit, right now it's highlighting older posts that I havn't read from days ago (since the upgrade) even if I log in tomorow those post will still be highlighted as new. Just wondering if thats an option, the old board was set up like that.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Can we change stickies to have a different link color, and possibly a different background color so they stand out more?

-Towels

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:37 pm

YerRandO wrote:how do I change my settings to only highlight new post since my last visit, right now it's highlighting older posts that I havn't read from days ago (since the upgrade) even if I log in tomorow those post will still be highlighted as new. Just wondering if thats an option, the old board was set up like that.

these 2 options work well enough for me:

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/search.php?search_id=newposts
&
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/search.php?search_id=unreadposts

but the active topics function is without doubt the best feature ;) especially if you accidentally close your browser window and or need to log off cause you are at work etc

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:36 pm

alltrac.net wrote:After an upgrade, it takes a few days for active topics to work. Basically, they aren't active yet.

for some reason i can only view 2 active topics in just one of the sub forums :?

search.php?search_id=active_topics

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:44 am

by alltrac.net » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:29 am
alltrac.net wrote:After an upgrade, it takes a few days for active topics to work. Basically, they aren't active yet.

I got a message saying the board was being updated earlier today... so any news or plans to make use of the view active topics function ? : search.php?search_id=active_topics

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:24 pm

Gary ST165 wrote:by alltrac.net » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:29 am

I got a message saying the board was being updated earlier today... so any news or plans to make use of the view active topics function ? : http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/search.php?se ... ive_topics

Just enabled this feature. Should be working soon. Try going back further than 7 days for now to see active topics.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Currently the feature only shows 12 months of active topics from this one froum: viewforum.php?f=76

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:43 pm

Is it just me, or is search being a bit wonky?

Heck, I even searched for "gt4" just to test, and it only came back with one result!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:35 pm

GT4_ever wrote:Is it just me, or is search being a bit wonky?

Heck, I even searched for "gt4" just to test, and it only came back with one result!

agreed.

maybe the search needs to be re-indexed
Post a reply