anyway to change user name?

UtahSleeper

So, no comment or "Hell No!!" on if I can have this done? Seems like a simple enough request, but I am a little suprised by the lack of response to it.

___Scott___

I've seen others ask that question before, but I don't remember ever seeing a definitive "yes" or "no" reply.

UtahSleeper

The user name field can't be edited.

Didn't everyone tell you that you would miss it lol. Should have drove it for a few months :) How is the truck?

UtahSleeper

I have tried using the CP, but when I go to Account Settings it shows my current user name as text. Is not an input field so I can't do anything to it.

The name I am trying to change to is UtahSleeper

CMS-GT4

Can we keep this as an option that is only done by request via admin. I do not think all users should have the ability to change their names as we have had some bad traders here in the past and this could be used to take advantage of some unsuspecting members if they ever returned. So I request the option stay turned off, and users can get a change granted to them per request.

UtahSleeper

CMS-GT4":j8u8vepz said:
Can we keep this as an option that is only done by request via admin. I do not think all users should have the ability to change their names as we have had some bad traders here in the past and this could be used to take advantage of some unsuspecting members if they ever returned. So I request the option stay turned off, and users can get a change granted to them per request.

I am all for this option staying off to all users. To me it makes sense to ask an admin to do it for those reasons.

wakkjobb

My truck pooped a rod bearing so it's getting rebuilt this winter; along wiht a million other mods I have been putting off.

In other news, an 88 165 popped up on craigslist: low miles, black leather interior, blue exterior, stock (yawn) open to trades. If the truck was still running I'd offer to trade. How ironic would that be? Trade back to an AT after I traded one for the truck.

/blah blah blah
>>Dan

AvivB

As much as I know this board engine (phpBB), only the board administrator can change someones username from the administrator panel...

UtahSleeper

AvivB":3epp9adv said:
As much as I know this board engine (phpBB), only the board administrator can change someones username from the administrator panel...

I have kind of figured that, but I have just been hoping to get an admin to change my name.