Forum software has been upgraded

pwadm

Administrator
Staff member
I just finished upgrading the forum to the latest version. There is a huge number of bugs that were fixed with the latest release. If you interested in details follow the link:

http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents.php?mode=changelog&version=3#v306

The forum was down for about 30 min, but the whole process took almost 4 hours.

Like always with a software upgrade, some stuff gets broken. If there were any custom modifications to the forum done, they will have to be redone.
I will not make any more changes to the forum, until all problems are fixed. Please let me know if you notice something not working, and I will try to address it ASAP.

If you have any other suggestions or hints on how to improve the forum in the future, please let me know too!

Thanks,

Pawel

pwadm

Administrator
Staff member
I am glad you like it. I was going to make an announcement about the changes, but finished late last night, and completely forgot.
In addition to the 'Recent Topics' added to the top of the main forum page, there is also a small change in the forum listings. 'Post topic' (in italics) was added to the 'Last Post' column making it easier to navigate.

Both addons came from nickvergessen - the same author that did our Gallery (btw. the posted cars are amazing :) )

I am still working on implementing one more addon, and then will start working on the front page.

WarTowels

I've noticed that certain key words ex. Engine Block are turning into advertisement links.

This is reminiscent of looking up lyrics on some trash site or visiting a Honda civic forum.

Can we remove this intrusion?

I'm not sure I signed up to have my LITERAL posts be turned into advertisements that I have no control or say over what they are linking to. I don't want people reading things that I put my name on and they think I made some sort of link to something I'm talking about only to get linked to some totally random website. This is deal killer for me.

-Greg

pwadm

Administrator
Staff member
There is no way to opt out individual users as yourself, so I switched it off for the whole board.

Meurz

Am I the only one who gets a fade to black when clicking somewhere or loading a page lately? I don't like it at all.. :|

toayoztan

Meurz":1jjaofo2 said:
Am I the only one who gets a fade to black when clicking somewhere or loading a page lately? I don't like it at all.. :|

You need to click the "Compatibility View" on the very top to the right of your address bar if you're using IE for the browser.

Bryan

Meurz

toayoztan":2qbidg04 said:
Meurz":2qbidg04 said:

You need to click the "Compatibility View" on the very top to the right of your address bar if you're using IE for the browser.

Bryan
Ty. I use various browsers but that works for IE indeed. :)