ST165 with 15" 7th gen GT rims

ChrisD

Just got them on. Car's a little dirty. I think these rims suit the Alltrac's lines perfectly. They look sweet in person.

Cnv0001.jpg

Cnv0002.jpg

Griffin

Those do look good Chris - they go really well with the car. What kind of rims are they and how much to they weigh?

ChrisD

They are the stock rims from an '02 Celica GT. Not sure what brand they are. For weight, I am not sure exactly...I'll try to find out. I had a crappy scale handy and the rim/tire looked to be very close in weight to the stock 14's. I'll weigh them sometime to find out. :)

The best part about them is that I got them for $200 for the set, including tires! This is canadian $$. The tires still have ~90% tread left. :D

Gary

That's a steal, Chris.
I've never thought those wheels look good until they are on ST165. :wink:

Shaggz00

yeah, I got the same deal on my grey 165. Son't have pics, but I'm mos def a fan! I want your corner lenses!!

Rick89GTS

Chris,

I've never been a fan of the split-spokes but yeah, they do go very well with your 165. Great deal for C$200. :shock:
What is the offset? 39? Did you need spacers for the rears?

(I'm running the 6th gen 15" x 7" GTS rims on mine but the offset was 45, so I needed spacers on the rear to clear the struts.)

ChrisD

I was never a fan of these rims either until I actually installed them. I was very impressed with how it looks!

I'm not sure of the offset or the width of the rim. :shrug:

However I didn't need spacers, most likely because the tire is a 195/60 R15 which is 10mm narrower than the stock 205's. It is *very* close to touching the strut on the back, however it works. You had 205's on your 15" rims correct?

I was worried about losing some handling with the narrower tires, but it turns out the Bridgestone Potenza's are much much better tires than my old ones, and the car has a MUCH nicer feel to it. Handling is much more direct.

Shoteh: not a fan of white rims myself, but I can imagine they'd look quite sharp on the right car. :)

Shaggz00: Get some pics! I'd love to see another car with them. hehe...corner lenses took a long time to find, but definitely worth it. :)

Rick89GTS

chris_dittrick":1pvn7izf said:
......However I didn't need spacers, most likely because the tire is a 195/60 R15 which is 10mm narrower than the stock 205's. It is *very* close to touching the strut on the back, however it works. You had 205's on your 15" rims correct?....

Yep, 205/55/15's.
Grip feels much improved with the 7" rim width and 205's.