Put some rims on my car!!

dianaspicer

album_pic.php

I don't know much about them, they came with my brothers car. Konig 17"

I do know that I could not work in a tire place. Putting the tires on those rims was almost the hardest thing that I have tried to do (with the car).

mototebok

That's why the machines are there :p

Then you get the runflat 20 profile tires on the 24" rims... those are just a f'n pain in the ass.

SLC Punk

dianaspicer":rug0wywh said:
I don't see how people put those tire on without hurting the wheel. More so taking the old tires off.
I worked at a Firestone for a couple of years. The new machines don't even touch the rim. After you pop the bead off, you use an arm that is about 1/4" above the rim and a bar to get the tire off of the wheel.

BTW the rims look good! 8)

mototebok

dianaspicer":3r9q826g said:
I don't see how people put those tire on without hurting the wheel. More so taking the old tires off.

Very low profile runflats are a bitch. Dodge prowler rears are a fine example of these tires.

For all other tires, yep, the machines are wonderful. Old tire off and new tire on in under a minute.

RIalltrac

when I had my tires, kumho ecsta supra 225/45, mounted to my 17" konig's I was told not to bring them back to that shop because of how much of a pain in the ass they were to get on. Maybe its something with konig.

Griffin

Wow - those Konigs look very nice. a lot like the SSR GT2s which were my first choice but got passed over for reasons of price and availability :(

allblackalltrac

Diana

Here is a quick pchop I did. Rims are BBS from a BMW, I didnt know what you were looking for so I put what I like.
BTW the Konig's you have on there now are very nice, personally if I wasn't looking for BBS myself I would consider
buying those from you.

wNTE2MjM4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Here is a pic of my Corrado with BBS's. (not a chop)

wNDExMjc5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

dianaspicer

Big Guch - Those are BIG!!!!

There are a couple things that I don't like about the Konigs:
1. They have been curb checked like crazy and one is bent kinda bad.
2. The little rivets around the rim. I would like it tons more if they were not there.

Thanks for all the comments - I was very scared about what it would look like, but it is growing on me.

Griffin

Go to tirerack.com - they have a cool simulator to show you what your car will look like with all different kinds of wheels on there and they probably sell BBS

danny

hey dianaspicer, would u like to sell the konigs on the car? if so how much? need rims bad, thanks.

SuperWhite92

I asked my usual tire shop around town here a few questions about wheels and tires, because I was shopping for them at the moment, and one of the questions was... would you be willling to mount Falken GR Beta 451's on a set of 17x7 in a size of 225-35-17. He said Absolutely not. A 35 profile tire is too narrow for us. He also mentioned that they do it all by hand.

dianaspicer

sorry danny, I have not been paying attention to this topic.

I don't think so, they are badly scuffed and the cost to ship would be too much. You could get a set of new ones for what that would cost. Espically since I just put new tires on them.

sorry.