Do you like the sleek look of no exhaust?

do you like the sleek look of no exhaust?

• hell yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no way!

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

gt4tified

I prefer an exhaust and ours with a slight side tilt looks.....in the words of Paris, HOTT!

I'm downsizing my 3" to 2.5 though.....gonna start doing some amateur rallycross and I need my exhaust attached to my car! lol

88st165

silence":17mzsglb said:
88st165":17mzsglb said:
i just did this to my car a few days ago... i had a 3" dynomax bullet straight through muffler ive been meaning to use... its a 3" opening but the body is only 4" so i didnt think it would muffle any sound at all but it does work better than you would expect... and i have it dump before the rear crossmember angled a bit toward the pass. side instead of straight down.... its loud but its def more quiet than open midpipe!

i did have the ssac twin tip on my car and it was super quiet so i decided to switch it up every now and then...

pics?

wow its been awhile but as requested......

S5000721.jpg

S5000722.jpg

good:
-it sounds great even at lower rpm.
-barely any restriction, straight shot out
-very lightweight

bad:
at 4krpm and above it resonates the whole inside of the car, way way worse than open midpipe! im going to weld up a section so it exits out the side or make a whole new one with no muffler and side exit. we'll see how that goes.

Simba

Looks weird stock, IMO. Now, if you went with a fuel cell, or some full-length diffuser under the tank, it'd look pretty good.

WarTowels

It's defiantly weird on a 185 because of the gas tank, I'd agree with simba if there was a diffuser to cover up that eye sore, it might be more acceptable.

-Towels

Hotrodhendrix

I know it doesnt make any sense for our cars but I like dual exhaust or no exhaust. I like things to be even. The CS/RC hood used to drive me crazy because the cam gear intake was only on one side.

I was thought about doing this but it leaves that amazingly ugly gas tank off center.... I want to go fuel cell and then hide the exhaust but that will be later.