Do you like the sleek look of no exhaust?

do you like the sleek look of no exhaust?

• hell yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no way!

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

silence

Since ive sold my HKS, ive been running the car with no muffler, and this look has grown on me...

dscf1633it0.jpg

I love it. So im going to get my 3" piping done, but im going to try to hide the muffler and tip, point it down like this:

BMW_760iL-541_1280x1024.jpg

2000-vw-new-beetle-red-rear-1280x960.jpg

darthripley

it looks nice with or without the exhaust showing, just personal preference.

i just have a thing for cars with big pretty SS exhausts :oops:

alltracshoak

i'd prefer an exhaust..hey that's my passenger side tailight :p
glad to see that you found another pair to match it up..looking good!

bozo-merlin

CMS-GT4":11vjtx5v said:
I think it looks alright. The offset gas tank cover has always thrown me off though.
agree with you, i would prefer seeing an exhaust and no gas tank cover

but seeing nothing (exhaust and gas tank) could nice too

theUNYTEDone

the look is very nice! however, is it straight DP now? how exactly is the current piping?

it's giving me some ideas...muahaha :evil:

silence

keep the votes coming guys!!!!

Thanks for all your comments.

alltracshoak:
yes thats your taillight. looks good doesn't it ;)

theUNYTEDone:
I have an aussie d-pipe and aussie midpipe... thats it. What kind of ideas?

theUNYTEDone

i was thinking that. some kind of ovalized ackshun. 8)
however, there was talk of it in a different thread. we concluded that the unibody would pose to be a problem.

i'm kind of thinking to have just straight pipes run, stead of a muffler, i.e. maybe a set of 1-2 (for looks) one smaller than the other------> 0o ...and with the angle of the HKS

remember that lame greddy exhaust with the different size tips? something like that, but no collection box. i'll try and draw something then take a flick later.

silence

I thought about running it out the side....but thought it might look a little rice....also, there would be no room for the muffler...the car is LOUD without it. theUNYTEDone, im still not sure what u mean.

___Scott___

I know I'm in the minority, but I think exhaust systems should go unseen. So, tucked out of sight and treated to a coat of flat black for good measure is my preference.

88st165

i just did this to my car a few days ago... i had a 3" dynomax bullet straight through muffler ive been meaning to use... its a 3" opening but the body is only 4" so i didnt think it would muffle any sound at all but it does work better than you would expect... and i have it dump before the rear crossmember angled a bit toward the pass. side instead of straight down.... its loud but its def more quiet than open midpipe!

i did have the ssac twin tip on my car and it was super quiet so i decided to switch it up every now and then...

silence

88st165":w2zblgwz said:
i just did this to my car a few days ago... i had a 3" dynomax bullet straight through muffler ive been meaning to use... its a 3" opening but the body is only 4" so i didnt think it would muffle any sound at all but it does work better than you would expect... and i have it dump before the rear crossmember angled a bit toward the pass. side instead of straight down.... its loud but its def more quiet than open midpipe!

i did have the ssac twin tip on my car and it was super quiet so i decided to switch it up every now and then...

pics?

88st165

i like the look either way so i voted yes but mainly i just did it b/c its a bit more agressive sounding.... pics soon...