Finished some more CF bits.

Pictures, Videos, and Links to other Media

Postby Simba » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:22 pm

CMS-GT4 wrote:pics fitted?


Eventually. Been busy.

*taps fingers on desk, still waiting on word for a cf gas tank lid*


A what? It'll be a frosty day in hell before I make something as complex as the gas door, if that's what you mean. :P
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!

Lots of fast, loud things.
User avatar
Simba
Established Member
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:17 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby Denver_whiteST185 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:28 pm

is it just me, or does the carbon look a little warped on the lower edge of the cooling panel.

Bump for pics of the diffuser installed :D
^Ted^

went back to the dark side of hondas!!!
(not really, i just own a completely UNmodified 91 civic dx that gets 45+ mpg now)
User avatar
Denver_whiteST185
GTFour God
 
Posts: 3009
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:52 am
Location: Fort Collins, CO

Postby Simba » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:58 pm

Denver_whiteST185 wrote:is it just me, or does the carbon look a little warped on the lower edge of the cooling panel.


It follows the line of the original plastic one, because that's what I used to make the mold.

Lots of fast, loud things.
User avatar
Simba
Established Member
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:17 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby darthripley » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:25 pm

Denver_whiteST185 wrote:Bump for pics of the diffuser installed :D


+1 with underbody shots please :D

p.s. Simba, do you think the diffuser will really help with air flow under the car?
Image
86 RN66 Hilux 4x4 Turbo Truck "Falcon" 22RTE
87 AW11 MR2 "Super 2" 4AGZE
90 ST185 Celica AllTrac "Vadar" 3SGTE
99 SXV20 Camry "Maul" 5SFE
Female Moderator
User avatar
darthripley
All Trac Goddess
 
Posts: 4110
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:09 pm
Location: dallas, tx

Postby Conan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:14 am

darthripley wrote:Simba, do you think the diffuser will really help with air flow under the car?

I believe you won't feel the difference until 100+ mph...
When in doubt - increase boost.
User avatar
Conan
Established Member
 
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:38 am
Location: Lithuania

Postby gt4tified » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:18 pm

Simba wrote:
CMS-GT4 wrote:pics fitted?


Eventually. Been busy.

*taps fingers on desk, still waiting on word for a cf gas tank lid*


A what? It'll be a frosty day in hell before I make something as complex as the gas door, if that's what you mean. :P


You're just a bling-hater that's all.... :P
Come on....try one!
ST185 JDM GT-FOUR RC- "White Trash"
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8264/dynographsmallstretchedmu9.jpg[/img][/url]
gt4tified
GTFour God
 
Posts: 3151
Images: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: Trinidad, W.I.

Postby Simba » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:47 pm

Conan wrote:
darthripley wrote:Simba, do you think the diffuser will really help with air flow under the car?

I believe you won't feel the difference until 100+ mph...



I would expect some ground effect to be felt at around 80, with the significant flow/downforce at 120+, which is where I want it. I've got a run this weekend, so I'll get it on and see how it works.

Lots of fast, loud things.
User avatar
Simba
Established Member
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:17 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby etantshi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:09 am

Simba wrote:
Conan wrote:
darthripley wrote:Simba, do you think the diffuser will really help with air flow under the car?

I believe you won't feel the difference until 100+ mph...



I would expect some ground effect to be felt at around 80, with the significant flow/downforce at 120+, which is where I want it. I've got a run this weekend, so I'll get it on and see how it works.


Would like to hear how this goes.
-----
André B.
1991 ST185 (down but not out)
1990 ST185 (lost, but not forgotten)
1996 RZN140 (the daily)
2004 Yamaha R6 (needs a battery)
etantshi
GTFour God
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:05 am
Location: Augusta

Postby sikx5 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:05 pm

How was your weekend run simba? any new pics of supercars? 8)
Also the CF bits :D
Image
sikx5
Club Member
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:28 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Aus.

Postby Simba » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:35 pm

sikx5 wrote:How was your weekend run simba? any new pics of supercars? 8)
Also the CF bits :D


Didn't happen. Friend of mine (murcie pilot) came down ill so it was scrubbed.

Car is in the paint shop at the moment, so CF pics will have to wait.

Lots of fast, loud things.
User avatar
Simba
Established Member
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:17 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby etantshi » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:56 pm

That's unfortunate. Suppose we'll have to wait.
-----
André B.
1991 ST185 (down but not out)
1990 ST185 (lost, but not forgotten)
1996 RZN140 (the daily)
2004 Yamaha R6 (needs a battery)
etantshi
GTFour God
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:05 am
Location: Augusta

Postby DudeMan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Updates?
User avatar
DudeMan
Club Member
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:41 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada

Postby Sal » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Lol 2 years later?
Actually, I'm interested in pictures too!
'94 ST205 GT-FOUR WRC
13.3 @ 101MPH
User avatar
Sal
Club Member
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Postby LegacyofDan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:57 pm

haha as 'am i lol
User avatar
LegacyofDan
GTFour God
 
Posts: 3640
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 3:54 pm

Postby bloodMoney » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Where has Simba been lately? I'm not on as much as I used to be, but even I've noticed that he's not around much...

~bloodMoney
88 ST165 'Patty'
90 ST185 'Ellie'
'96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
'96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
'04 LS430 "Alice"
'98 GS400
User avatar
bloodMoney
Gold Member
 
Posts: 1185
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Chicagoland

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest