gettin dirty

yeah, well i just thought i'd take a pic of my dirty little car. last time i drove it there was a mud puddle in the apex of my favorite corner...

431056_37_full.jpg

PreGrid

LOL!!!

Different car but how's this? After a Rally in the Super Charged Durango BEFORE I bought my All Trac...

IMAG0004.JPG

IMAG0006.JPG

It's all fun!

Scott -

:p yes i know it's not all that dirty, but considering it was on a road, and hasn't really rained for awhile and there isn't much mud to get into. hehe.

i wish i had more REAL mud to play in, but i don't :p

illGT4

Because they hurt when/if they break.

Most track day events (this wasn't one) require windows to be down.

Plus you can't see. That paricular track has a lot of sideways action. I mean 90* sideways. So, if my windows were up, it would be impossible to see.

So:

1. Safety
2. Visibility
3. Mud protects interior from dirt and grime...

PreGrid

A most SCCA Sanctioned Rally Events, you are not allowed to run with the windows down. It's a Safety Issue.

The idea is that while the glass may hurt when it breaks, it keeps your arms in the car when it rolls. At least the first roll.

We allow the window to be down ONE inch, but that is all.

Odd that you guys are running with windows down. Are you running an SCCA Sanctioned event?

Anyway, the last time I actually ran with the window 1 Inch Down...

I got eyes full of dusty dirt despite the winow, a lowered visor AND sunglasses. OUCH!

Scott "DKOV" Kovalik
ORG SCCA Rally Cross Director

illGT4

DKOV":10ntr8wx said:
A most SCCA Sanctioned Rally Events, you are not allowed to run with the windows down. It's a Safety Issue.

The idea is that while the glass may hurt when it breaks, it keeps your arms in the car when it rolls. At least the first roll.

We allow the window to be down ONE inch, but that is all.

Odd that you guys are running with windows down. Are you running an SCCA Sanctioned event?

Anyway, the last time I actually ran with the window 1 Inch Down...

I got eyes full of dusty dirt despite the winow, a lowered visor AND sunglasses. OUCH!

Scott "DKOV" Kovalik
ORG SCCA Rally Cross Director

I'm an instructor and also and avid driver. It's what I do for a living. The above pics have nothing to do with any official event that we offer. :)

When I was talking about windows down above; i'm refering to track days.

There are obviously points to argue on both sides here. That is just what the controller was instructed to do. It depends on the exact class.