new wheel

88st165

-sparco 345.... 350mm dia. with sparco hub adapter... i dont have a solution for the horn button yet :doh:

-skunk2 type r shift knob (toyota thread)... i love this thing! and if anyone is wondering its on a twm short shifter...

-twosrus shift boot... old one was cracked and flaking...

DSCN2900.jpg

DSCN2902.jpg

DSCN2907.jpg

DSCN2908.jpg

DSCN2909.jpg

GT4times2

Sweet set up. The only question I have, which may not be related is why are you running two radios? :p Still good work. Can't you source a horn button for it btw?

88st165

GT4times2, i have two radios b/c i am planning on putting gauges where the stock radio is located but i have no fabbed up a panel for it yet... so i thought id just leave it there to fill up the gap....

as for the horn, i do have the button... it came with the wheel but i dont know how to make it work with this setup.... i researched it here but got no definite solution...

also id like to add that before i had this wheel i got one that was 330mm and i found that it was way to small and would block my view of the gauge cluster... imo this 350mm is a pretty good size... this setup also sticks out toward the driver a bit more than the stock but i havent measured how much more (i could prob just go to one of my other 165s and measure if anyone is curious). oh and if anyone cant make it out in the pics the odometer reads 49,xxxmi :twisted:

88st165

im not sure how much it was as i got it as a gift but the quality is real nice... i think it was made for the mk1 so it was alittle tough to get it around the wire frame, also the leather is thicker than the stock... thats why it looks alittle stretched at the bottom... [/img]

d1alltrac

88st165":33matk3r said:
this setup also sticks out toward the driver a bit more than the stock but i havent measured how much more (i could prob just go to one of my other 165s and measure if anyone is curious).

I'd like to know. :D

GT4times2

88st165":3eiodfuu said:
GT4times2, i have two radios b/c i am planning on putting gauges where the stock radio is located but i have no fabbed up a panel for it yet... so i thought id just leave it there to fill up the gap....

as for the horn, i do have the button... it came with the wheel but i dont know how to make it work with this setup.... i researched it here but got no definite solution...

I figured that you were going to put gauges there. I was messing with you. I dont know if it's the same as the Momo for the horn. I'd have to disassemble mine to see for you. Im not sure if it will be the same. My steering wheel dish is not that deep.

88st165

Meurz: dish is 63mm according to the sparco site

d1alltrac: the whole setup in combo with the sparco hub sticks out about 1-1/8" farther than stock but i guess you can make up for that in telescopic adjustments of the column... id assume if one used the momo hub that it would be about the same but i like the smooth humps rather than the momo sharp humps...

GT4times2: alot of people wonder the same thing about the radios haha... i dont even know why i have a radio in the car period... you cant hear it b/c the car is so loud with the open m/p plus i only have the front speakers w/ alpine 3", no rears...

i have the adjustment all the way in and i really like the feel and position of this setup... plus if anyone was wondering, the yellow stripe on the top is actually leather, not a sticker...

d1alltrac

88st165":ywctfkjb said:
d1alltrac: the whole setup in combo with the sparco hub sticks out about 1-1/8" farther than stock but i guess you can make up for that in telescopic adjustments of the column... id assume if one used the momo hub that it would be about the same but i like the smooth humps rather than the momo sharp humps..

Thanks for checking. :D For some reason I expected it to be significantly more than 1-1/8", that's not bad at all really.

88st165

^no problem, i was going to get the nrg slim quick release hub but i decided against it because i figured that would stick out way too much for my liking.... but i guess it would only add about 2.5" more on top of the 1-1/8" but i figured it wasnt necessary...

88st165

well i drove it for the first time with the new wheel about two weeks ago and the turn signals didnt cancel :doh: .... i just got around to fixing it today b/c boy does that get annoying when it just stays on.... next thing i have to work on is getting the horn button wired up.... any writeups?

syko says

88st165":1zu1p42d said:
next thing i have to work on is getting the horn button wired up.... any writeups?

Im not sure if the wiring is the same as the 185, but in my car (185) the green wire is what you want to hook your horn up to. I accidently grounded the green wire and attempte to put the battery back on, and I immediately knew it was wired wrong :p .

SuperWhite92

syko says":11b35jcm said:
I accidently grounded the green wire and attempte to put the battery back on, and I immediately knew it was wired wrong :p .

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝