Old vs. New (pics of 08 STI & ST185)

CMS-GT4

silence":2j3utxmt said:
wow, im surprised at the amount of comments,

Cms-gt4 you are welcome to post up in another forum. Just throw a link in this thread ;) I agree, these cars dont need a bodykit, but i would like a lip.

Here is a pic of the lip I am working on.

Its going to be a modified version of the UK side splitters.

I am going to make a mold of it since it is fiberglass. If I somehow messed it up, I would be screwed since it is a one of a kind.

If I make a mold, I might make some extras. That project isn't till I get the car finished and painted though.

cmsfrontlipjt2.jpg

mooklipwspoilereb0.jpg

Red Rabbit

eddie_gt4":i5fqqbg1 said:
Shaggz00":i5fqqbg1 said:
Here is what I think....

bastardcartb9.jpg

My verdict: BOO on Subaru!

I apologize to all the websites I stole pictures from :oops:

OMG, that's awesome! :rofl:

p.s. btw, just look at this one :twisted:

483819zu9.jpg
479619md6.jpg

WOW my pride as a Mazda Technician has just been injured :cry:

Red Rabbit

LOL not soo much, i like things simple with lights mods on a car rather than someone bringing me a car with a ton of performance bolts on wondering why their car dont run right and expecting warrenty. LOL heard plenty of horror stories from subie techs in the past, very scary. Here is a good one im sure everyone would appreciate, was talking to a subie tech about an STI that came in with a screwed motor when he got it apart to find out why he found a ton of pieces of something he didnt know where they came from when he finally got the customer to fess up as to what happened he said he tried an ssqv immitation B.O.V. off of ebay and soon after the car locked up but he took the b.o.v. off the car to save his warrenty, turns out that the cheapie b.o.v. broke up inside and all the broken internal pieces got sucked into the motor and the rest is obvious from there lol whoops thats what u get for bein cheap :doh:

Autobot

CMS-GT4":2rf0as6p said:
silence":2rf0as6p said:
wow, im surprised at the amount of comments,

Cms-gt4 you are welcome to post up in another forum. Just throw a link in this thread ;) I agree, these cars dont need a bodykit, but i would like a lip.

Here is a pic of the lip I am working on.

Its going to be a modified version of the UK side splitters.

I am going to make a mold of it since it is fiberglass. If I somehow messed it up, I would be screwed since it is a one of a kind.

If I make a mold, I might make some extras. That project isn't till I get the car finished and painted though.

cmsfrontlipjt2.jpg

mooklipwspoilereb0.jpg

I'd be interested in this. :D

mike325ci

most surprising to me is how much taller the subie is than the celica, which i consider to be a big and tall car. :shock:

maybe i shouldn't be shocked, since economy cars these days are approaching 3000lbs and just getting fatter.

but that's just looks. i am anxious to see how these new boogers drive! hopefully someone will show up this season with one so i can at least take a ride in it. :)