My CT26...

chkpnt

My CT26's intake wheel grew... So I guess it really isn't a CT26 anymore...

turbohybrid01.jpg

turbohybrid02.jpg

I can't wait to get it running and see how little lag I'll now have. :)

chkpnt

What size? who did it? how much? tell us more. lol

The exhaust side is stock CT26... The intake is a 46 trim TO4E. Basically a CT27. Cost ran $475.00 for a complete rebuild and upgrade but I also needed a exhaust wheel/shaft so mine was a little more. I had Performance Techniques in San Bernardino rebuild it for me (http://64.225.76.178/main.htm). I'm really happy with the quality of the rebuild and the owner James was very helpful. I'll be going back again for sure. I can't wait to get it in my car!

Rpz123isme

I hope he means sanbernardino in cali! I live down the street from san berdo, and i would love to have my turbo rebuilt/upgraded for a price like that! 8)

LegacyofDan

yeah def let us know wat sort of results u see with this turbo, i would b interested in saving up for that, thats a good price

pg

I have a used turbo with the same upgrade still kicking around, was rebuilt maybe 10-15k miles ago by previous owner. I haven't put it up for sale yet but let me know if intrested.

chkpnt

Anyone have a guess on what kind of HP this setup might run with my new turbo?

"CT-27" running 10lbs
3" exhaust from turbo (no cats)
Modified intake w/ K&N filter

I'm not interested in a whole lot of power and will keep the stock ECU, injectors, etc. I just something that spools faster than stock (hence this upgrade) and something that is reliable. I'm building this car for performance rally and currently compete with it in many Monte Carlo format TSD rallys. It sucks when you are in the middle of nowhere trying to figure out what blew up with a little LED flashlight.

Go to ATS's site and check. The car will definitely NOT be falling on
its face at high RPM's. I would guess 240hp but you are going to feel
it throughout the RPM range. Our cars definitely like
having the exhaust opened up :)

chkpnt

Holy crap this turbo is AWESOME! Definitely worth it... I have a boost controller running 9lbs, a gutted primary cat, 3" all the way back after the flex pipe (no secondary cat), and a K&N air filter replacing the stock airbox. The turbo spools quick and seems to have a very consitant power band that starts to pull at about 2800-3000 and goes all the way to redline.

If you are looking for a cool upgrade that doesn't cost too much, generally speaking, this is well worth it! I'll have to post some videos soon.