New Rims - what do you think?

Puffy

After months looking at wheels I have finally bought a set of Weds Sport SA-90 from japan to put on my White Group A ST185. :wink:

I wanted to put blue lug nuts "Rays" but am having trouble departing with $110 US . The cheaper brands in OZ do make blue lugs for around the $40 AUS mark but only come in a pack of 16 which means I would have to buy 2 packs :doh:

What do you guys think?

p.jpeg

AWDios

Those rims are pretty good looking, but for some reason I think the blue lugs might be a bit cheesy. Show pics on the car!

Gary

Awesome wheels!
Is that 17X7.5? 45mm offset? What size of the tire are you going to use?
How does it fit there? Do you need any spacers?

Puffy

AWDios":2jdlwjfk said:
but for some reason I think the blue lugs might be a bit cheesy. Show pics on the car!

Found a pic with them on. Tell me if this looks cheesy?

p.jpeg

Sorry dont have any pics of them on the car as I still dont have tires.

Gary":2jdlwjfk said:
Is that 17X7.5? 45mm offset? What size of the tire are you going to use?
How does it fit there? Do you need any spacers?

I have tried them on the car and the do fit nicely on the Group A with no issues. The are 17X7.5? 45mm. No spacers needed and planning to put 215/40s on them. Guys remember that the Group A is widebody.

NOTE these rims will fit a ST205 but not a ST205 brake conversion on a ST185.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!

b00staholic

I do not think those blues Rays/Volk lugs are cheesy at all. I think they'd look great, especially with the blue accents already on your rims. They are also some of the lightest and strongest lugs you can buy, letting you lose some unsprung weight.

I'd have a set myself if I could find them used for a cheap price, they're too expensive for me to justify buying new.

With a 7.5" rim and widebody, why only go with a 215 wide tire? You could go up to 235 on that rim just fine (may need spacers then though).

Puffy

b00staholic":3r95zjw0 said:
I'd have a set myself if I could find them used for a cheap price, they're too expensive for me to justify buying new.

With a 7.5" rim and widebody, why only go with a 215 wide tire? You could go up to 235 on that rim just fine (may need spacers then though).

I am not a fan of using spacers. 235s would probably fit but if I go with 215s then I might be able to afford those lugs also :wink: What would be the advantage of going to such a wide tire as traction really is not a problem but wieght is for us? I wonder what the wieght difference is between the two tires?

CelicaGT4

I'm not a fan of the blue lug nuts...I think chrome would be the best look. I bought 20 chrome lug nuts w/the key for around $25 at Les Schwab.

C-dubb

Personally i like the blue. With a car like an all-trac you can be as cheesy as you damn well please, even more cheesy if its faster than shit. Excuse me i think im going to go put some orange lugz on my graphite colored car. 8)

CMS-GT4

I also agree on going at least 225 on the tires. I'd hit 235 myself. If you do the blue, at least do a blue that matches the lip better. I myself am not a fan of the blue lugs. I would like to see those rims as 17x8.5 or wider for my alltrac.

Zeus

wow those rims are gorgeous! make sure to take some pics with them on the car...

and yes traction in a straight isnt an issue but more rubber on the road means you can turn and stop faster as well ;)

AWDios

Zeus":2mutbc69 said:
wow those rims are gorgeous! make sure to take some pics with them on the car...

and yes traction in a straight isnt an issue but more rubber on the road means you can turn and stop faster as well ;)

Actually you won't have a larger contact patch, but you'll change the dynamics of the patch.

Zeus

i dunno about that one... ten bucks says that the 215's sidewalls wont be straight up and down on a 7.5" rim indicating that they are being stretched

235 would be a much better fit in my opinion hell ive got 235's on my 7's!

Puffy

Zeus":1xtbcfu6 said:
i dunno about that one... ten bucks says that the 215's sidewalls wont be straight up and down on a 7.5" rim indicating that they are being stretched

I just won 10 bucks ! :lol: I got 215s on my racing hart type C's at the moment. (same size as the weds) They are actually slightly wider then the rim.

Thanks for the feedback. I am reconsidering the blue lugs at the moment and will post some pics once fitted on the car.

Zeus

damnit!

i guess even the all knowing zeus doesnt actually know it all

my buddy has the volk lugs... they are pretty

shoteh

first of all nice rims and how much total? second maybe if the color of the blue lugs matched the car color or at least the blue outline it might be fine but IMO kinda cheesy.

roo

i'll be very suprised if those wheels fit in the rear...a +45mm offset is too high...i would be running something like a +20-+25 offset with a 7.5in wide wheel...