My 1989 ST165 Celica and a 2001 R33 Skyline

G-Zone

88st165":bbk8v10d said:
nope, i never saw that pic before. the pic i remember looked like it was taken in a parking garage. the pic angle was from the front drivers side. it was lowered and all. i thought i saved it but i guess i didnt. anyway i love how your car looks.

Oh ok, yeah that pic was taken in an underground parking garage near my house. My friends and I take refuge there whenever hail storms come.
alltracunderground.jpg

The powder coating was free for me because another friend does it at his job and he owed me for fixing his computer several times :).
I stripped the parts, took off the rust and prepared it myself at my garage before giving it to him. I put a lot of hours into that project. Then putting the hard brake lines and all the pieces took such a long time, it sucked. I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of my friend Cisco from Lamborghini of Dallas. He doesn't want to touch my Celica again after that ordeal, lol.

darthripley

G-Zone":2dt3akuu said:
...Or a DFW All-Trac meet attempt #3 lol.

i was going to suggest another meet actually :D

both cars look really nice, i like the Celica best too.
the black rims with red lip look great on a black car - i had a set of BBS rims i painted like that on my Camry awhile back.

Joe & I have seen a real R32 (super pretty dark grey) & 2 R33's in our area before.
i can only imagine people breaking their necks to get anywhere near that Skyline.

Scrapin_mr2

darthripley":2ral1ps3 said:
G-Zone":2ral1ps3 said:

the black rims with red lip look great on a black car - i had a set of BBS rims i painted like that on my Camry awhile back.

Joe & I have seen a real R32 (super pretty dark grey) & 2 R33's in our area before.
i can only imagine people breaking their necks to get anywhere near that Skyline.

my brother brought this up to my attention.
the dark grey skyline is owned by a guy named david. id actually need more info on the R33s and i can tell you who owns them.
thanks everyone on the comments on the R34

G-Zone

darthripley":2uh795r8 said:
G-Zone":2uh795r8 said:

Yeah, it would be nice if we can get another meet going. But my Celica won't be fixed for a while, maybe in a year. I would still be there with or without my 165.

Ok, here is the finished body of my Scout. The mirrors and Gas cap are painted the same silver as the dashboard. I just ordered some 4" Skyjacker lift spring package for this so I'll be working on the suspension soon.
77scoutii.jpg

Hotrodhendrix

wow thats one hell of a change!

So whats wrong with the alltrac??? Mine will be up and running in the next few days (with ANY luck) but it will look like poop compaired to most of the local alltracs. :oops:

darthripley

scrapin_mr2:
1 of the R33's is a burgundy/maroon color & Joe actually met the guy that owned it at the time a few years back.
the other R33 was .. i want to say black but it may have been super dark charcoal grey - been awhile back so i can't totally remember.

g-zone:
we can figure out something for a meet maybe this time next year.
we're going to take Vadar out of commission for maintenance/upgrades this fall/winter so next year might be best for everyone - crossing fingers lol

p.s. paint looks great on the Scout - nice transformation!

G-Zone

magnum":31zadjqm said:
What size and offset are your Sparco's? I found a set of 17x8 and 17x9's but they don't look like they are in as good of shape as yours.
http://www.memoryfab.com/wheels/used/a20080723114202/
Those are it. They are a bit hard to come by. I think mine are 16x8 all 4 but the offsets I can't remember. I will have to take them off and see.

The blue on the Scout is called "Voodoo Blue". Thanks again for the comments.
As for what is wrong with the alltrac, well the headgasket is bad and i'm sure some seals are needed to be replaced while I'm at it, and the balljoint is bad. A/C is also another item I want to fix.

Years ago when I first bought the 165 my friends and I used to do a bunch of crazy activities, we would take the 165 offroading on some property. Didn't work out so well, lol.
wheelblow1.jpg

Tire came off, cops came while changing the tire. Cop left because the property was outside his jurisdiction and got tired of waiting for the other cops to come get us. Thats why I got a Scout haha. :lol:

Here is a pic of my 165 and the 162 I used to own.
165vs162.jpg

The 162 was my first car ever and was handed down from my father. My father bought it from his friends shop and was wrecked in the front. They did a cheap paint job and fix just to get it on the road. I remember when my dad gave it to me 8 years ago I hated the car, but then grown to love it. So two years later I got the 165 and became a Celica fanatic since then. I sold the 162 to a good friend of mine and got totaled by a drunk driver. I miss it even though the body looked like crap :cry:

suzq044

makes the skyline look small; or rather, redefines the size of the R34. Very nice vehicles -- both of them 8)

Scrapin_mr2

darthripley":1j6y73f8 said:
scrapin_mr2:
1 of the R33's is a burgundy/maroon color & Joe actually met the guy that owned it at the time a few years back.
the other R33 was .. i want to say black but it may have been super dark charcoal grey - been awhile back so i can't totally remember.

g-zone:
we can figure out something for a meet maybe this time next year.
we're going to take Vadar out of commission for maintenance/upgrades this fall/winter so next year might be best for everyone - crossing fingers lol

p.s. paint looks great on the Scout - nice transformation!

sorry for the late response.
there are only 2 marroon skylines in town at the time. if it was a decent looking skyline, just factory looking w/ wheels then he probably met JJ Salomon, thats my buddy who owns the company fast4wheels.com. that was his first skyline he ever got. a couple years ago he painted it black and did alot of motor mods to it so it looks nice. the other marroon skyline was owned by a guy named denver. his skyline was HIGHLY illegal, smuggled into the country, no papers or anything on it. and it looked like crap, had a different color hood, dents everywhere, paint falling off. missmatched rims. he never drove it so most likely he met JJ.

as for the other skyline its probably one of the GT-S R33 running around town. theres about 3 grey ones and one black one.